Pagelines Upgrade/update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 toferrall

toferrall

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

I now have this error and cannot seem to correct. Could you help me? My host company is not able too. Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 262144 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 98304 bytes) in /web/wordpress/wp-content/themes/pagelines/includes/init.globals.php on line 110 thank you for your help! Tim

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

Tim, I've gone through that pain myself. The problem is you're server is running out of available RAM for PHP processing. I don't believe this is a script error. Most hosts immediately blame whatever script the error shows however, they need to increase your available RAM to a minimum of 256Mb. Probably it's at 32Mb now. If they refuse, then I'm sorry to suggest going to a company like WP Engine or Page.ly; both being hosts which specialize in WordPress hosting. Many hosts just haven't the resources available to allow WordPress to flex its muscles. With each WP upgrade, it needs more resources because it does more and in turn, each plugin that's updated to meet WP, also requires more. Eventually, with shared hosting plans, someone's going to run out of memory.