Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to make the Fixed Navbar have a translucent background

29 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I am working on a site at http://108.166.90.150/ and trying to use the fixed navbar. We wish to remove the background image completely and just have a translucent background. This effect would just have the links display on the header without any bar that displays across the site. Any suggestions on how to do this? Thank you - chules

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You can try this in your CSS in Pagelines > Custome Code > CSS Rule add [code].navbar-content-pad, .navbar { background: transparent; }[/code] I hope you serve

Posted · Report post

Thank you for the assistance. I tried the code above and what this does in Firefox and Safari is change the bar to a white background. In my navbar control panel I have no theme selected. It would be a nice feature if we could have a theme option for translucent. This way what it would do is display menu links on a graphical header great. Thank you - chules

Posted · Report post

Try this instead: [code].navbar-content-pad, .navbar { background: transparent !important; }[/code]

Posted · Report post

Catrina, I added the code and still no change. Thank you for the assistance - chules

Posted · Report post

Transparency or translucency requires something in the background, be it a color or an image. The menu is overlaying the site background. What is the site background color, as set up in Color Control?

Posted · Report post

In color control there is nothing typed in Body, Page or Content Background boxes. I would imagine though it must be white as that is what the color control box show. Thank you - chules

Posted · Report post

If you change "Page Background (Optional)" you can see the transparency NavBar on your page. ;)

Posted · Report post

Good point Batman! Thanks for the insightful comment!

Posted · Report post

I'm not sure I understand this. What I am trying to do is have the links display directly on my header image. No background or border? Thank you chules

Posted · Report post

Chules, At present, the background in the navbar is actually transparent. That's why you're seeing white. The menu is not sitting as a layer over the background image. It's sitting above the background image. So, we need to do two things. Go do Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Color Control and make sure the vertical position of the background is 0. Also, make sure in Custom Code > CSS Rules, the first line is the following, replacing body {} [code]body { padding-top:0px; }[/code] Next, if the background doesn't move up, underneath the navbar, we're going to apply some CSS to do it. But let's check those settings first.

Posted · Report post

Can you enlighten me about how you have the header template structured? What's in there?

Posted · Report post

I made those changes on the site. I really just have a header image uploaded. Before the 2.2 release I wast trying to simply put some links at the top of my site that lay on top the header. I thought it to be a good way to try and place a horizontal menu at the top of the site. I'm not sure this is going to work this way. If I wanted to place links at the top right of my site what would be a better solution for this? Thank you chules

Posted · Report post

I believe to place links at the top right of your site the NavBar is a better solution Please chules try with: Enable Fixed Navigation Bar Copy this code in CSS Rule [code].navbar-content-pad, .navbar { background: transparent; } body.navbar_fixed .page-canvas { padding-top:0px; } .navbar {box-shadow:none;}[/code] To see if you like the solution of the NavBar :)

Posted · Report post

Batman, I tried this code and it didn't fix the issue. I also noticed that while the fixed navbar is white on firefox and safari on ie it displays black. I guess I'm going to have to try to do this manually using functions.php somehow. Thank you for the assistance! chules

Posted · Report post

I removed the following code from my custom css [code]/* This fixes the navbar to the top of the site */ .section-navbar.fixed-top { position: static; }[/code] If you use firefox or safari and view my site at http://108.166.90.150/ you can see what I am trying to do with the fixed nav bar. It is displaying without the background. However, if I fix the navbar to the top of the site with the code above the white bar will return. If I can keep this look and lock the fixednav bar so the menu items wont scroll down the page it would work. With IE it's an entirely different story as I have no idea where the black background is coming from. Thank you - chules

Posted · Report post

Hi @chules I see your NavBar, I like it. I note the code the removed code. I??m a newbie try to learn helping. I use a Mac so the problem with IE it is not for me, I can not help you. :)

Posted · Report post

Any idea why the code I referenced above would change my navbar from how it's appearing on the site now to having a white background? Thank you - chules

Posted · Report post

@chules I saw with Safari, Firefox, Chrome the background transparent. [img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-qt3kUqVknCs/T--72fg1p5I/AAAAAAAAKs0/S2E7R797xNU/s800/Captura%2520de%2520pantalla%25202012-06-30%2520a%2520la%2528s%2529%252023.52.13.jpg[/img] Your question is for IE ?

Posted · Report post

I need to address IE but I'm first trying to find out how I can stop this fix navbar from scrolling. For example if you scroll down a page you will notice the fixnavbar items scroll with you and they appear within articles, images, etc. I am trying to fix the position to the top of the site. When you read an article the fixednav bar should stay at the top of the page with the header. I wish to lock the navbar at the top of the header just where it is now.

Posted · Report post

OK @chules I write in my CSS rules [code].section-navbar.fixed-top {position: static;}[/code] and stop this fix bar from scrolling in Safari, Chrome, Firefox

Posted · Report post

with this code [code].navbar-content-pad, .navbar { background: transparent; } body.navbar_fixed .page-canvas { padding-top:0px; } .navbar {box-shadow:none;} [/code] NavBar in my blog test is like yours

Posted · Report post

I just added the code. Take a look at the site and you will see the white bar return? Thank you for the assistance - chules

Posted · Report post

For IE problems... "Not all CSS is compatible in all browsers", said mi @catrina @WebWerx help me .... "You will need to add some code that recognizes the various browsers available. This will be of great help: http://www.css3.me/" for example transparency is [code].navbar-content-pad, .navbar { filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr = 'transparent', endColorstr = 'transparent'); -ms-filter: "progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr = 'transparent', endColorstr = 'transparent')"; /*Element must have a height (not auto)*/ /*All filters must be placed together*/ background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(top, transparent, transparent); background-image: -ms-linear-gradient(top, transparent, transparent); background-image: -o-linear-gradient(top, transparent, transparent); background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, center top, center bottom, from(transparent), to(transparent)); background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, transparent, transparent); background-image: linear-gradient(top, transparent, transparent); } [/code] Excuse my English, I??m from Argentina :)

Posted · Report post

I look the white bar...... I??m thinking ;)