Mobile view displays my site with black background areas on home page

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 brian@eazycheezy.net

brian@eazycheezy.net

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:10 AM

All, I can't figure out how to resolve issues with my site. It appears fine from my desktop, but the mobile view displays portions of the site with a black background. It's driving me nuts! The page also now loads very slow after the recent upgrade. Please help. www.fivefreeapps.com

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:43 AM

Can you please post a screenshot of what you see on your phone?

#3 brian@eazycheezy.net

brian@eazycheezy.net

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:33 PM

Hi Catrina, Thanks for the response. With the number of issues I had with the upgrade and the slow load times, I decided to move to a different platform. I enjoyed the Platform Pro/iBlog combo, but tied up quite a bit of money in them and the premium features. I'll probably keep tabs on upcoming upgrade in case I decide to switch back.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

Brian, I am sorry to read that and for the trouble you've had lately. Did you use the Browser Specific CSS plugin, free in the Store? I suspect that in mobile view, it's picking up a background color set somewhere, or, more likely, your background is totally transparent in that OS and showing the actual background color of the monitor on your mobile device (which is usually black).

#5 brian@eazycheezy.net

brian@eazycheezy.net

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

Thanks Rangelone, that may have been the problem. The speed was also an issue. As soon as I switched to a different theme, the site loads in about half the time. Not quite sure why.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:13 PM

Nor am I and of course, quite concerned about it. Rest assured our developers are aware of this problem and working on it. I'm confident they'll come up with a solution soon. I hope that in light of this, you'll keep PageLines, and give us a chance to help speed things up. Meanwhile, just a suggestion, the use of some CDN, such as MaxCDN (the one I use) helps considerably. Most folks think you need to use it with cache. However, there are plugins now to enable CDN without caching. CDN essentially takes the scripts, images and all the major memory users off the site and moves them to a CDN account. It will speed up your site quite a bit.

#7 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:01 AM

Site is not even running a PageLines theme