Fixed Nav Bar vs. Standard Nav Bar

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Michael_J

Michael_J

• Members

• 226 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

I have enabled the Fixed Nav Bar (using iBP5 child theme). I like it. How do I get rid of (hide) the Standard Nav bar? How do I show child pages as secondary navigation, below the Fixed Nav bar? How do I remove the site branding that is below the Fixed Nav Bar?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

Nav Classic is removed via Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop > Header. Simply drag to the right.

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:45 PM

Add the Secondary Nav into the header, in the above location to include the secondary nav. In the same location, you can remove or move the branding. To get child pages to be the Secondary Nav, go to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Header And Footer and find "Secondary Nav - Use Child Pages " check the box and save. I'd suggest reading

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and

#4 Michael_J

Michael_J

• Members

• 226 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:54 PM

Thanks - that's much better - but the secondary nav does not appear to be working. The bar is there, but it appears to be showing sibling pages, rather than child pages. Perhaps I need to check a box somewhere else, to make the secondary nav refer to children of the current page?

#5 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:43 AM

Are you using the Custom Menus feature on WordPress to control your menus?

#6 Michael_J

Michael_J

• Members

• 226 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:32 PM

Hi Catrina - yes, because the "Use child pages or secondary nav" does not appear to be working (per previous post). However, I see that the number of Custom Menu's is limited, so that is going to pose a problem for me, I think.

#7 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:18 AM

How many custom menus do you have set up? (I wasn't aware there was a limit to the number of custom menus you can create)

#8 dbau

dbau

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:24 AM

rangelone, is there other steps to remove the classic nav? I'd like to use only the navbar at very top of page and get rid of the classic nav and branding areas, please advise! The above method isn't working for me, nav classic is not included via drag and drop yet it is still duplicated below navbar. Thanks!

#9 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16982 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

@michaelleftcoastlogiccom You appear to be correct. However, these aren't child pages, they're grandchild pages, therefore this isn't actually a bug. The option states child pages, although I will report this on your behalf. In the meantime, you could create a new menu for these pages and then select the custom menu on the Pages Meta Settings. @dbau Can you please create a new topic regarding your issue please and provide a link to your website.