Photo

iBP4 -> iBP5 Issue: How to migrate page templates?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Michael_J

Michael_J

• Members

• 218 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

Some of my pages in iBP4 are full-width, others have widget columns. I cannot find any way to select different page template settings and I have no idea how to create new ones, and appears to be no documentation about this.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

In the PageLines Site Options, you should find "Hide Sidebars When Empty (no widgets)" under Website Setup. Check that. On your individual pages that are full width, you'll see PageLines Meta Settings. Check the options to hide the sidebars you're using and select the full-width layout. Save the page. It should now have none of the sidebars displayed that you hid.

#3 Michael_J

Michael_J

• Members

• 218 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:13 PM

Thanks again. Perhaps I was not clear. In iBP4, each page that you create has a choice of "default" (which for me was content on left, widgets on right), Full -Width, and a bunch of other pre-sets that I did not use. In iBP5, there are no templates other than the rather bizarre "template 1", "template 2", etc. I read somewhere that I can edit these templates but, for the life of me, I can't find where to do that, or how to create custom names (such as "Full-Width"). There is no mention of page templates in the documentation, that I can find. Could you point me in the right direction? My site is (*should be*) set up so that each of the main product pages is full-width, and the child pages underneath them are mostly content on left, widgets on right. Currently I have 'default' set to full-width, so I only need to create one other template (for content-left, widgets right). Can you suggest the best way to set up two templates that allow me those choices? I can then perhaps create some additional templates later (e.g. Home page with carousel, etc) but I'll have 95% of my needs covered by those two types.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:00 AM

Have you already tried working with Template Setup? Are you using the latest version of Framework?

#5 Michael_J

Michael_J

• Members

• 218 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

Catrina,
I can't find any documentation about setting up Templates. I do see the template name of each page at the top WP nav bar when I'm logged in, shown here..
Posted Image
...but when I click on that, it takes me to a very strange template edit page. It's strange because there appears to be no way to save changes to either an existing template name (which, presumably, can then be applied individually to other pages), or to save to a new template name.

I'm sure I'm missing something that is obvious to everyone else. I just can't find it.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:19 AM

Can you please post a screenshot of the template edit page you see?