Photo
- - - - -

Custom Page Template for single Custom Post Type (layout code in template file)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 torbjorn_s

torbjorn_s

• Members

• 6 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:04 PM

Hi I cant provide a Site URL because i develop with MAMP on my local machine. Sorry for that. I have one CPT called products and a taxonomy called 'product_categorys'. I have created my own section so i can loop out all CPT in a selected category on a page where the section is active. The content, image and excerpt it displayed following the code in my section. It??s working great. When i click on one post the post displays on a single page just as a regular 'single-blog-post'. Like mydomain.com/products/product1/ Now i want to control the styling of my post type when the single page is displayed. How can i style the single page so it spits out images, content, title as i want? This post dosent apply any more. Correct? www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/12311/how-to-make-custom-page-templates

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:17 PM

The link is for PlatformPro, and still applicable to that, but not for PageLines Framework. You may need the assistance of one of our professionals for this customization.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You could use the Action Map together with PageLines Customize, Base and other components we provide to help make the customization easier, but when it comes to getting elements to show... like images, text, etc from a custom post type and taxonomy... I've only had experience with plugins and they work. I use Custom Press and Easy Content Types in different parts of my site.

#3 torbjorn_s

torbjorn_s

• Members

• 6 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:28 PM

The question is quite easy really. How do i create a template similar to single-products.php in for example twentyeleven theme that i can customize? If this is the wrong way to do it please give a hint how to do it instead.

#4 torbjorn_s

torbjorn_s

• Members

• 6 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

My bad. Created single-products.php in my child theme and got it working. The only drawback is that the html structure is different in my template.