• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jfitch

jfitch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

I am using pagelines 2.2 with a child theme. I am restyling the .post-comments and the .tags I want to change the wording so that instead of '10 posts' it says just '10' and for the tags, I just want an image of a tag instead of the text 'tagged with:' How can I do this? Example post: http://www.askjohnen...2011-highlights Many thanks in advance

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:50 PM

You'll need to use Action Map (a free plugin from the Store) to identify the elements, then customize a hook for each of these as they're hard coded in core files. If you edit the core files, future updates will overwrite the changes and it will revert. Include the hook in /wp-content/plugins/pagelines-customize/functions.php so that you're assured that the changes will remain. Use pagelines-customize/style.css to implement CSS.

#3 jfitch

jfitch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

The child theme allows customising hooks... so would that also work? I have found on Wordpress.org that the comments wording is defined by: (see: http://codex.wordpre...ents_popup_link ) But I don't understand how to put this into the pagelines theme...??

#4 jfitch

jfitch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

Ok... I got the comments sttyle properly now using this hook in my child theme: add_action ( 'pagelines_post_comments_shortcode', 'comment_count' ); function comment_count() { ? div class="post-comments" ?php comments_popup_link( '0', '1', '%' ); ? /div ?php } But I can't get the tags right...

#5 jfitch

jfitch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

Have decide to give up on styling the tags.