Photo
- - - - -

One last challenge: Fatal Error: Autoblogged and FPW Category thumbnail no longer playing nice

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 msaizan

msaizan

• Members

• 182 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:33 AM

Keeping my fingers crossed through this one last challenge. I have a news site. Autoblogged plugin pulls in the posts from feeds - FPW Category plugin inserts a pre selected thumbnail when the feed content doesn't provide an image. The two plugins were getting along beautifully prior to the 2.2.1 update. Now they are not. If I activate autoblogged first and then activate the category image plugin - all the images simply disappear - even the ones that are called from feed content. BUT...if I activate FPW first and then activate autoblogged, I get this error: Fatal error: Call to undefined method fpwCategoryThumbnails::updateID() in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-content/plugins/autoblogged_2-9-0/ab-functions.php on line 849 Both plugins are integral to each other and also essential to my site - unless there is another way to automate a featured image/thumbnail when the feed content doesn't provide one. It does not look good to have images sporadically placed... Any thoughts for a fix? Thank you very much for all the great support here.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:55 AM

Try deactivating all other active plugins you have (besides the two you mentioned here) to see if the problem persists.

#3 msaizan

msaizan

• Members

• 182 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:04 AM

Hi Catrina. I did that before I pinged you guys. You have trained me well.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:54 AM

You can add these plugins to this list so that the incompatibility issue can be looked at: http://www.pagelines...patibility-list

#5 msaizan

msaizan

• Members

• 182 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:00 AM

Ok. well i realize I was gabbing at another thread about a plugin theme incompatibility issue. The conversation at the other thread was about about a site that's in development - it's still in the sandbox - and it was posted more to see if others in the community have had experience with the plugin and Pagelines framework - I wasn't really expecting Pagelines support for that - it was more a query to the community. But this site I am talking about now is a live production site - and it is totally dependent on these plugins - it cannot run without a solution to this problem. So I do need some support with this - If my site can't process automated posts with images in them - the site is shut down. I can't run it.

#6 msaizan

msaizan

• Members

• 182 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:02 AM

in other words, this issue is critical to the site. If the plugins can't work together I have to find a solution or revert back to the earlier version of Pagelines Framework - and that's not ideal.

#7 msaizan

msaizan

• Members

• 182 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:33 AM

hmmm...weird. problem appears to be fixed. I will leave the post open for a little while longer - but oddly enough seems to be working. I will come back and close out the posts after I have had an opportunity to monitor. Thanks for checking here Catrina.

#8 msaizan

msaizan

• Members

• 182 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:49 PM

problem solved - just an anomaly... i guess