Photo
- - - - -

Any Experience Here with PL FW & Group Buying Site??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 msaizan

msaizan

• Members

• 182 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:02 AM

I am starting a private sales/flash sales/group deals site. I am using groupbuyingsite.com. They offer a great plugin with extensive add ons - plus an optional integrated theme.So... I just did a fresh wordpress single site install and activated PL 2.2.1 - no cigar - the plugin and PL FW doesn't seem to be compatible. It used to work with early Pagelines FW release - but now, Locks me out of wordpress admin. Have to break the plugin or the theme to have access. I realize this issue is outside the scope of the PL support team but i am jonesing - and I mean jonesing to use PL FW for this venture. I can't imagine life without my PL FW...anyway, so question is then I am putting out a query - does anybody in the community have any experience with Group Buying Site and PL FW?

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:53 AM

I don't have experience with plugin incompatibilities in general but have you tried activating the plugin and leaving all other plugins you have deactivated?

#3 msaizan

msaizan

• Members

• 182 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:11 AM

yeah, it's a fresh install. no plugins at all installed except Group Buying Site and Pagelines FW. It's a theme/plugin incompatibility issue - like i said, it worked prior to the new update...Pagelines FW and the plugin worked in tandem before the update - now they don't work together. I can use the Group Buying Site theme - but I just love PL FW so much...I am just disappointed to have launch a web based venture without it. You know the Amex commercial - don't leave home without it...well there ya go

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:41 AM

I added the plugin to this list: http://www.pagelines...patibility-list

#5 msaizan

msaizan

• Members

• 182 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:51 PM

Thanks Catrina, and I have now figured out how to make this integration work - i know the work around. Form follows function.

#6 twm246810

twm246810

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Locationcalifornia
  • Framework Version:framework pro

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

Hi Msaizan,

I'm building a group buying site as well, and am using Wp-deals and having the same issues. Most of the wp-deals css is not even showing up and is mixed with pagelines. Did you figure out how to make groupbuyingsite plugin work with pagelines, if so do you have any tips on how you made it work?