#1 gavin_launchpad

gavin_launchpad

Advocate

• Members

• 485 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:54 AM

Hi we have a live site here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and as you can see we have customised the home pages for a widget box to sit next to the feature slider we have upgraded to 2.2.1 on our test site

and along with the expected sidebar widget issue you will notice that the modification to the feature area is not loading. we have tried copying in all the css from scratch but it is not loading the modifications. any ideas? thanks

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:00 AM

Hi Gavin, Can you post the CSS that is not working since the 2.2.1 upgrade please ?

#3 gavin_launchpad

gavin_launchpad

Advocate

• Members

• 485 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

Hi Danny

from test site:

CSS

PHP

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:50 AM

Hi Gavin,

You have two minor errors in the CSS.

Both are missing ; after Hex color code. Can you fix this and see if this resolves the problem. Also, are you receiving any Parse errors at all ?

#5 gavin_launchpad

gavin_launchpad

Advocate

• Members

• 485 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

Hi Danny no that hasn't changed anything where would i find parse errors? cheers

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:46 AM

The parse errors should show up on the page where the errors are located (they're basically syntax errors/errors in the code).

#7 gavin_launchpad

gavin_launchpad

Advocate

• Members

• 485 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:05 AM

There are no parse errors. this all worked perfectly before the upgrade and now doesn't work after the upgrade... so whats next? we have a live site here

and as you can see we have customised the home pages for a widget box to sit next to the feature slider we have upgraded to 2.2.1 on our test site

and along with the expected sidebar widget issue you will notice that the modification to the feature area is not loading. we have tried copying in all the css from scratch but it is not loading the modifications. any ideas?

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:21 AM

Hi Gavin,

Some of your custom CSS for features is commented /* CSS Here */ is this correct ? I have added it below for you to see.

Has this been added on purpose as this would prevent your CSS for loading.

#9 gavin_launchpad

gavin_launchpad

Advocate

• Members

• 485 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:05 AM

Hi Danny The css on the test site is exactly the same as the css on the live site - yet it is not working on test site anymore after update i dont really know why that code is commented out but that is the same as on the live site where everything is working

#10 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:03 PM

You have an error in your feature html:

Notice the lack of ending "strong" and "p" tags? That throws off everything else.

You also have a duplicate "allowfullscreen" code at:

Looks like you also have Universal Sidebar active with nothing in it.

Whenever something doesn't behave as it should, always check your html to ensure you don't have errors in your code. :)

#11 gavin_launchpad

gavin_launchpad

Advocate

• Members

• 485 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

Hi thanks for the those ideas but that was not what the problem was. i apologise for wasting time here - the developer who did the work was not completely honest about the changes they had made. i can only imagine they were too busy to really respond and came up with a trite - the css is not loading from pagelines plugin its their problem speak to them - when in fact, what they revealed last night, was that they had changed php inside the feature section area and i pointed out to them that this was subsequently overwritten with the upgrade. this i find quite surprising as i did explain to them the need to create sections and use the customise plugins to prevent this happening. what a pain. this experience really reinforces the principle of having a test site that you make changes on...

#12 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

Thanks for the update, Gavin. That's never good. :( Hopefully you're able to get everything straightened out. If you consider this topic resolved, please "accept" an answer - thanks!