Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Section Next to a sidebar

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello, I am trying to get the utestimonials section to show up next to a side bar, instead of below it. I am currently using the following css to decrease the width of the section and move it up.

#utestimonials {
		margin-top: -300px;
		float: right;
	}

#utestimonials .content {
		width: 670px;
	}

The problem I am having is that it floats the section all the way to the right and will shift it further to the right or left if I resize the window. I am working locally right now, but here is a screenshot via cloud app (safe link) http://cl.ly/1N2Z2V1O131J131t2I36 I will try and get some areas uploaded so I can the page can be inspected. I have not made any other major changes to layout other than increasing the padding between the sidebar and content and padding in some areas of the sidebar. Any input would be appreciated! Lori

2 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I ended up getting it to work by fixing the width of the container and using margins on the .content div Here is the code: [code] #utestimonials { width: 1100px; margin: 0px auto; } #utestimonials .content { width: 670px; margin-top: -300px; margin-left: 370px; } [/code] I haven't checked this across browsers. Lori

Posted · Report post

If you find issues in other browsers I would advise using the browser-specific CSS plugin available from the PageLines Store.