1 reply to this topic

#1 namche

namche

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

Hi all,

I'm migrating my old website to Wordpress and run onto a problem I'd like to fix but I am not sure whether it's possible to do so in PageLines theme.

Posted Image

My old website is full of tables with photo thumbnails. Those tables are wider than the PageLines single column blog entry (4 columns of images of 200 px against defined 750 px). I would like the tables to be automatically resized (rescaled) to fit the width of the post.

I tried other themes and some of them support this functionality.

However, does anyone know how to solve this issue in PageLines? I understand the table syntax is not optimal here but the website has loads of pages as old as 1996 and rewriting all of them would be a very painful process.

Thanks for help

Radek

#2 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:02 PM

Hey Radek, It's not impossible to have responsive tables, but really there's not even a recommended way of doing it. Tables were of course done, when dinosaurs roamed back in 96, as you've discovered. And responsive, is new age stuffs. So, we can indeed paint the Pinto a pretty color, but it's gonna take some elbow grease on your end. For your reference, a link for some options to tackle responsive tables: http://css-tricks.co...-table-roundup/ Nick