NavBar Nested Items & CSS

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 edenbrackstone

edenbrackstone

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:43 AM

I'm enjoying the updates with version 2.2 of the framework... However there is one thing that majorly bugs me, and something I was able to fix by modifying a PHP file with the previous version: I would like the drop down menu on the NavBar to support nested links, such as this: About Us > Our Services> Sustainable Building Engineering Agriculture Currently, only the first and second levels are shown - these pages do exists and are correctly parented. I've included the usual Nav Menu under the branding so you can see how I'd like it to operate. Hopefully a simple number change is necessary in the PHP like last time. My other question is in regards to the hover color on these drop down items. Is there a simple tweak to target the hover color only? I haven't had a dig in the CSS yet - hoping someone can save me the trouble.

#2 peterluit

peterluit

Advanced Member

• Members

• 80 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Framework Version:2.x

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:42 AM

I cannot duplicate your issue with just two submenu items. Whatever I add to a menu, it displays as it should. For CSS and the new navbar, look

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 edenbrackstone

edenbrackstone

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:11 AM

Can you link me to a working example? I've had no luck, although I think you may have misunderstood the question: I'm talking about having more than a single nested level, that is to say you click on the drop down, navigate to a second drop down, etc etc. For now I will simply restructure the menus to work with this restriction as a stop gap until I come across a solution.

#4 edenbrackstone

edenbrackstone

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:14 AM

It's also worth mentioning that my original post didn't hold the formatting I gave it... So let me re-illustrate the structure I'm after: About Us > (Level 1) ??”Our Services > (Level 2) ??”??”Sustainable Building ??”??”Engineering ??”??”Agriculture > (Level 3) ??”??”??”Example ??”??”??”Example

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16247 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:20 AM

Hi, The new Navbar doesn't support grandchild (Level 3) menu items unfortunately. Therefore, if you wish to have this functionality, I recommend you contact one of the PageLines Pros.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content