Boxes alignment with image

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 hopeofglory

hopeofglory

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:36 AM

Hi Support How can I get the text and image in the boxes aligned in such a way that part of the text will be left aligned while the rest will be under the image. Similar to the about Peter on this page

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15225 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:46 AM

Hi, Are you referring to the Boxes section or an author box like the link above ? If you could provide a link to your website, we will be able to take a closer look.

#3 hopeofglory

hopeofglory

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:14 PM

Yes I am referring to the boxes section. I have just started the website design and trying to arrange the frames. The site is

1. If you look at the Welcome home section, i want the texts that are below the image to be under the image. 2. I am trying to set the boxes to have some sort of frame around it similar to the image but when I tried using this custom CSS code, it appeared OK in firefox but does not appear in IE or Safari: body{ .fbox { background:#EBEBEB; border-radius:8px; padding-top:4px; padding-bottom:4px; box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #ccc; min-height:180px; } } Thanks

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:16 PM

Your .fbox code is placed inside the curly brackets for body. Please place it outside of body as shown here:

#5 hopeofglory

hopeofglory

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:24 PM

Yea thanks I saw Dannys comment and it worked. How about the text wrapping around the image, so some will be by the side and rest under. Thanks

#6 hopeofglory

hopeofglory

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:29 PM

Also how can I get each of the sidebars to have some sort of background from the whole page like #EBEBEB Thanks :)

#7 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:43 PM

The text wrapping can be created by adding the attribute "align=left" inside the tag. Did you add an image inside the box text area? You can change the sidebars background color by using custom CSS and Firebug. For further reference, please see here:

#8 hopeofglory

hopeofglory

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

Hi catrina I found a workaround. Rather than using the box image upload, i added the image directly in the text area, edited the image and selected the alignment. The only thing I lose with this is the ability to set the frame around the image. Let me know if I can still achieve this using the CSS Class field of the advance settings page of the image. I am taking a look at the link you sent me. Thanks, you're among the best ;)

#9 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

By frame, do you mean a border? If so, it could be added to the image using the border CSS attribute: