Too much white space between headings and content

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Catherine

Catherine

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

On the home page (where the blog excerpts appear) - the space between the blog title area and the first line of its content is quite good. However, after clicking on the link to read the entire article, you can see the space between the title area and first line of content has increased. This larger gap is also prevalent on the static page.

The only thing I can remember doing was adding the following CSS to the customization plug-in (in order to change the font size and line height of text on pages and posts):
fpost .post-excerpt, .fpost .entry_content {
font-size: 0.9em;
line-height: 1.6em;
}

I am using Pagelines Framework and have attempted to analyse the problem using Firebug for FireFox. Am just going round and round in circles now. If anyone out there can help me out that would be great! Thanks in advance :-)

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

You can manipulate the spacing using padding: www.w3schools.com/css/css_padding.asp

#3 Catherine

Catherine

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:44 AM

Many thanks for the link :-) With the info from it in mind, I attempted to formulate some new CSS but nothing seemed to fix the problem. I am possibly looking at the wrong elements? Or formulating the code incorrectly? Anyhow, this is what I tried:
.hentry-pad, .post-meta {
padding-bottom: 0px;
}
.hentry-pad, .entry_wrap {
padding-top:
}

(This removed the gap between the last line of text in the posts/static page and the grey line separating it from the share icons and Leave a Reply Section.) I didn't want this, so I deleted the code and instead tried:
.post-meta {
padding-bottom: 0px;
}

This did not alter anything, so I took a stab at:
.fpost .entry_content {
padding-top: 0px;
}

Still no luck! What am I doing wrong?

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

Hi Sami,

Add this to your custom CSS and it should resolve the problem.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content