• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ptrevino

ptrevino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

I would deeply appreciate some assistance, please. I have searched for hours, and yet not been able to learn how to accomplish the following. I am quite certain the answer will be embarrassingly simple, and so I offer a humble apology in advance for simply being stumped. While very techie in other areas, css and coding are alien to me. My site is using Platform Pro. I have a header (banner?) currently displaying that I would like to change. I can confirm that selecting / deselecting the option "Hide BrandNav section" causes the relevant portion of the header to appear / disappear. This leads me to believe this is the section that I want to edit. How do I do this, please? There are many postings I have reviewed that discuss the values to assign to certain variables in a css file. My question is far more basic: which css file? And, please, where is it? I realize how basic this info must be because it seems all of the postings jump in way past this point, discussing the specific pixels and syntax at issue. I still need to know what file to open to get into that tweaking. Thanks to all for bearing with me as I try to get re-oriented to this. (I made the original settings a year ago, so I know at one point I figured this out. My grey cell matter is a year older however. . . )

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

To apply changes to your brandnav with CSS you'd add them to Dashboard > PlatformPro > Custom Code in the CSS Rules section. Do you have PageLines 1.5.3 installed and PlatformBase 1.4.1 activated?

#3 ptrevino

ptrevino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:59 AM

I have not yet upgraded for fear of needing more time to patrol for needed tweaks than I have currently. I was current about six months to a year ago, but I have been unable to find a location where my current version displays so presently I do not know what version I am running. I would be happy to tell you, I just could not locate that info in the program interface. I have looked in the section you mention, but I have no coding in there, and yet somehow I must have managed to put it there (or elsewhere) since it is currently displaying the image I previously wanted. so somehow I must have managed to put settings to work, I just cannot find them now? Sorry, I guess I'm still turning in circles here. . . Thank you for the input,, all the same! :)

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

I'm sorry. You haven't upgraded from what to what? Which version of PlatformPro do you have and what's activated? That's all I need to know to try and help. The section I mentioned is where you'd apply CSS to fix what you want fixed, which I'm still unclear about.

#5 ptrevino

ptrevino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

I cannot locate any indication in the software as to what version of page lines I am using. I know it is PlatformPro, and I know I am seeing an advisement that I can upgrade to version 1.5.3, but I must be overlooking where it tells me what version I am currently using. I purchased this within the last year at most, so I am hopeful that it is not too far behind. If you could be so kind as to help me locate the version number, I would be very happy to share that. I am simply not finding it on my own. I am looking in various headers and footers and so forth (places where I would normally expect to see version information). In case it matters, I am on a mac, but have used PCs as well since the early 80's. As far as WordPress, in case that matters, I am using version 3.2.1, with an advisement I could upgrade to version 3.4. Thanks again for your efforts, and your patience with me. They are appreciated.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

Are you looking in Appearance > Themes? It should say the version for the activated theme there.

#7 ptrevino

ptrevino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:34 AM

Thank you. It is Pagelines PlatformPro 1.5.2. Sorry I did not notice it before. Does that help? :)

#8 ptrevino

ptrevino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:40 AM

I have determined that I can hide the prior configuration by uploading a logo, which is at least a temporary solution. I'm still puzzled since there was not previously a logo there, and yet there was text displaying in the same space. All the same, I guess this will simply have to make do until I can find a better approach. Thanks everyone for the effort to help me. It is appreciated.

#9 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

Hi Ptrevino, I apologise but I am not quite sure what your issue is. Can you reply please and tell us what you issue is and what you're trying to do please.