Great Grand Child in Nav

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bstaikos

bstaikos

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

Anyone know how to include great grand child in my subnav? I had this working in the old framework, made the change there, and now have lost it in the upgrade (i didn't have custom or base theme installed at the time). Thanks for your help!

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

Ah, yeah, it really helps to have the Base theme so that customizations aren't lost during upgrades. Did you get the solution here?:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 bstaikos

bstaikos

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:50 AM

Hi Carrina, thanks for the link. Will give it a try. Slowly learning how to change things.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:32 PM

WordPress isn't built to allow Great Grand Child menus. It's Parent, Child, Grandchild... and pretty much, that's it. There may be some plugins to help with that. However, the nice thing is we provide secondary nav. If you associate a secondary nav menu with one of the grandchild menu pages or posts, you can effectively get the results you want. As someone arrives on the grandchild page, a unique secondary nav menu would appear providing the great grandchild links. Quite easy to do, too.

#5 bstaikos

bstaikos

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

Cool. I actually prefer that and will give it a try. The content on the great grandchild is actually protected content (thru S2Member), so will try and figure out how to only show the second nav when someone is logged in. Assume this is possible with custom CSS in the child theme?

#6 bstaikos

bstaikos

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

I just changed this in the nav folder in my database. Will re-create teh php file in base theme and include...