Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Great Grand Child in Nav

Question

Posted · Report post

Anyone know how to include great grand child in my subnav? I had this working in the old framework, made the change there, and now have lost it in the upgrade (i didn't have custom or base theme installed at the time). Thanks for your help!

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Ah, yeah, it really helps to have the Base theme so that customizations aren't lost during upgrades. Did you get the solution here?: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/2689/grandchild-fly-out-in-sub-nav/p1

Posted · Report post

Hi Carrina, thanks for the link. Will give it a try. Slowly learning how to change things.

Posted · Report post

WordPress isn't built to allow Great Grand Child menus. It's Parent, Child, Grandchild... and pretty much, that's it. There may be some plugins to help with that. However, the nice thing is we provide secondary nav. If you associate a secondary nav menu with one of the grandchild menu pages or posts, you can effectively get the results you want. As someone arrives on the grandchild page, a unique secondary nav menu would appear providing the great grandchild links. Quite easy to do, too.

Posted · Report post

Cool. I actually prefer that and will give it a try. The content on the great grandchild is actually protected content (thru S2Member), so will try and figure out how to only show the second nav when someone is logged in. Assume this is possible with custom CSS in the child theme?

Posted · Report post

I just changed this in the nav folder in my database. Will re-create teh php file in base theme and include...