Blog Excerpt can't work

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 yuhtok

yuhtok

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

Hello Everyone.I'm a Japanese. Please tell me.I want to show excerpt on Blog Page. But,full post show against my will. I configured Excerpt Length to 25!! Please help.

#2 Stefan

Stefan

Business Manager

• Administrators
  • 158 posts
  • LocationTransylvania
  • Framework Version:trunk

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

Hey there! Can you make sure excerpts are activated in the blog settings? Instructions here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

In addition, make sure post summaries are active in the WordPress Settings > Reading.

#3 yuhtok

yuhtok

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

Hi! Mr.Stefan. Thank you for your reply. I found the reason blog excerpts can't work. Probably,My blog post is written in Japanese. When Contributing the???blog post written in English to the trial, blog excerpts WORK!! Do you know the method as whick an excerpts function is operated also in Japanese?

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

I think one workaround would be to add the text in excerpts using English and then use a translator plugin to translate the excerpt to Japanese or you can try this plugin:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#5 yuhtok

yuhtok

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:02 AM

Hello.Mr.Catrina Sorry for the late relpy. It did not work, although the plug-in was put in. But,the cause was found. Another plug-in called [WP Multibyte Patch] was interfering. When stopping the plug-in, the excerpt function functioned. For a while, a problem is solved now. Thank you, everyone.