Photo
- - - - -

Special Recent Post PRO

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Eileen Starbuck

Eileen Starbuck

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

hey rangelone...(or anyone)
(I started a new thread because I closed the other one.)

you seem to know something about Special Recent Posts PRO...
I'm using it pretty much standard 'out of the box' with the following code:

[srp widget_title_hide="yes" post_limit="3" post_content_type="excerpt" post_current_hide="no" post_date="no" post_author_url="no" post_category_link="no" title_string_break="" string_break_link="no" category_include="6" category_include_exclusive="yes" nofollow_links="yes"]

...but it's just not giving me a visually correct solution?!? see attached.
(I'm getting a partial border around the thumbnails and it's putting some type of padding on the content box - even though everything appears to be set to 0px.)

http://www.hellingen.../question01.PNG

advice?

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

I don't see the border around the thumbnails or padding any longer so looks like this is fixed?

#3 Henry Perkins

Henry Perkins

Friendly Contributor

• Members

• 198 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

In the SRP Pro CSS identifies a thumbnail container box, increase it's width and that should solve your problem.

#4 Eileen Starbuck

Eileen Starbuck

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

hmmm... @simple_mama: what browser are you using? it still only shows have a border on mine. FireFox. (I did just check IE8 and my site is completely whacko...need to work on that!!) @Henry: the follow are the only css settings I see for the thumbnail...and that still doesn't address the weird padding or white space I get above the context?! /* The thumbnail box. */ div.srp-thumbnail-box { display: table-cell !important; vertical-align: top !important; padding-right: 70px !important; } /* The thumbnail link. */ a.srp-widget-thmblink { display: block !important; } /* The thumbnail image. */ img.srp-widget-thmb { max-width: none !important; } div.srp-thumbnail-box img.avatar { max-width: none !important; }

#5 Henry Perkins

Henry Perkins

Friendly Contributor

• Members

• 198 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

Apologize for the delayed response, had to install the plugin. :)

Add this code to your custom CSS.

div.srp-thumbnail-box {
	    width: 100px !important;
	}

a.srp-widget-thmblink {
	    width: 100px !important;
	}

#6 Henry Perkins

Henry Perkins

Friendly Contributor

• Members

• 198 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

To fix your white space issue, add this to your custom CSS.

h4.srp-post-title {
		padding-top: 0px !important;
		margin-top: 0px !important;
	}

#7 Eileen Starbuck

Eileen Starbuck

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

thanks henry. just curios....whats the difference between adding the code to the custom css area in pagelines vs editing the actual css file. (...if that maes sense)

#8 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

The difference is that you should NEVER edit core files. ;) You can use the Custom CSS box or the PageLines Customize plugin (which edits in the Plugin editor). And PS. Your site looks the same to me still. hehe I'm using FireFox for Mac and I see no border around the image like your screenshot.

#9 israelgenealogy

israelgenealogy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

Had a similar problem recently when I upgraded SRP Pro to 2.4.9 from 2.4. The layout became a bit messed up. The text was overlaying the thumbnail, and using the code above fixed that, although I set it to 102px width. Now, however, the thumbnail is higher than the text. Any suggestions for getting them aligned properly? The website is genealogy.org.il and the SRP stuff is on the main page. Thanks.