Photo
- - - - -

upgrade to 2.2 and feature and menu problems....

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 mdvanhelden

mdvanhelden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.3

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:19 PM

De site is now 'under construction' but if you want to have a look:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

EDITED My features on the home page are all show in stead of a slider And my menu has lot of sybpages, but they are not shown (subpages and arrows are allowed) what can I do? I already tried to go back to my backup (also database) but than I had a lot of empty space in the dashboard.... so I upgraded again, with the same problems... I do not use plesk (as far as I know) and I also sent I messege to the support theme, but I'm kind of desperate so I tried overhere aswell. Thank you!!! Monique

#2 mdvanhelden

mdvanhelden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:04 PM

Oke, I put back the backup and the site is looking fine. But....the dashboard is a mess, the pagelines template area is empty! So I can not make any changes.... For my client it is okay now, but I would like to solve this.... on the store area of Pagelines a get a lot of errors: Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Filename cannot be empty in /srv/sipmedia/www/www.sipmedia.nl/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3373 Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /srv/sipmedia/www/www.sipmedia.nl/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3376 Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /srv/sipmedia/www/www.sipmedia.nl/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3379 repeated about 100 times.

#3 meilena

meilena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

Hi Monique, Our team is working on your issue, we have removed the testing information you provided above for security purposes. We will respond momentarily when we have more information to provide.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

Monique, I removed the user ID and password you provided because this is a public forum and accessible via any search engine. Please IMMEDIATELY delete that user account and kindly refrain from posting user IDs and passwords from this forum. We are forced to delete them for your protection. It is the fastest way to be hacked or have all your work wiped out.

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

Monique, please follow the guidance published here. It will resolve the problem with errors in the Store.

#6 mdvanhelden

mdvanhelden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

@rangelone, thank you, the store is looking good now, but the 'drag&drop' area of pagelines is still kind of empty.... Thank you for looking into this problem.

#7 evert100

evert100

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.8.

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:43 PM

Hi Monique, Did you notice today version 2.2.1 was released? version 2.2 was disaster. Maybe i can help you? I just tested 2.2.1 with base theme active and there are no errors with the store and i also can see and change 'drag & drop". On localserver. As you might know i am also dutch so we can chat also in dutch if you like. Idea might be to de-activate pagelines change name of folder and put version 2.2.1 with foldername pagelines in themes and than activate basetheme to see what happens. I still keep my vital sites to 2.1.6. and just keep testing and following the forum. Like to hear from you. Groeten, Evert (Edugram)

#8 mdvanhelden

mdvanhelden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:06 PM

Hi Evert, thank you for the response! I upgraded to 2.2.1, and that gave the problems..... I'm now back to 2.1.6 (with base child theme) and waiting for the right answers. Thank you anyway. Dank je wel :-) Monique

#9 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

We're sorry for the inconvenience. As this progresses, we're coming up with additional solutions and hope you'll update at some point. We will keep everyone posted about updates and solutions.

#10 billstevens

billstevens

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationManchester

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:32 AM

It is quite right that Pagelines is a successful product based on its concept, implementation. It is not the cheapest option compared to some, but by far the best..untill..... It seems to have got carried away with it self. It is not OK to release upgrades and use your customers as "beta testers". This was a leap to far in extra features. Just a not to staff at Pagelines. Don't lose the humility that supports excellence. Hope you all learn from this episode. Must have, and probably still is, a very stressful few days for Pagelines staff and many of us customers.. Keep it simple and make it work. Little improvements on a regular basis are much better for all concerned.

#11 mdvanhelden

mdvanhelden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:28 AM

@billstevens I totally agree!!!

#12 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

@Billstevens, We appreciate the feedback but PageLines Framework 2.2 was tested prior to release and tested on multiple installations both locally and on live servers, we also tested with the top ten web host providers. You're way off the mark for suggesting we used our customer base to beta test our product. Please bear in mind that nearly every single person using PageLines will have a different setup, different server configuration, different plug-ins active and have different layouts. Testing all the of the above is near impossible, on all the tests we ran, all upgrades and new installation worked perfectly. Only one user who was beta testing for us, encountered an issue with the letter r being stripped from his compiled CSS. This was related to his server using Plesk, this issue was resolved in 2.2.1. @mdvanhelden It is really difficult to assist you if you do not have version 2.2.1 active, so we can see first hand what the issue is. Therefore, would it be possible to set up a testing environment in a sub-domain so we can see this issue first hand, if you do not wish to run 2.2.1 on your live website.

#13 mdvanhelden

mdvanhelden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

Oke, now I know the problem; its a plugin from the store: Mobile Menu from Enrique Chavez!
This plugin messed up my features and menu!

I did a backup and deactivated al my plugins and activated them one by one. When I activated Mobile Menu my site was messed up...
I uninstalled it and now everything is fine (

)

#14 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

I thanked you for moderating purposes. :)

#15 karenb

karenb

• Members

• 15 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

Thanks mdvanhelden - I have been going crazy, suddenly my features panels were tiled right down a never-ending page.. Deactivating mobile menu fixed it... I have lost a half-days productivity.