Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PostPins section and categories pages

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello, I bought the new PostPins section (awesome!) and I would like to use it with the categories pages. How to display posts relative to a category page? I mean: when I click on a specific category page (with Post Pins section enabled of course) I'd like to display only posts relative to this category. Thank you for your help! Jean-Philippe

18 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

@Jean-Philippe, no. Replace the postpins section.php with the code i posted. This one does tags too! http://paste.pagelines.com/8lc

Posted · Report post

Hey Jean Move the Post Pins section into your category template. This way, you can use it for a category view. Also, to hide the other stuff, we can use some css for the time being if you'd like. Nick

Posted · Report post

Hi @beardedavenger, Here's the new website I'm working on: http://www.photoreview.fr I added the PostPins section in my category template. As you can see, I can't display posts relative to a specific category.

Posted · Report post

@pross : Thank you Simon. Should I copy/paste these lines of code into wp-content > plugins > pagelines-customize > functions.php?

Posted · Report post

I have a thought on how to do it on a per category basis. What you need to do is add the category to your menu, so you have individual categories when you click that link. Then visit WP -> PageLines -> Page Options -> Category Page -> PostPins. Set it up how you want but leave the "Pin Post Category" as show all. Let us know how it goes!

Posted · Report post

Thank you for you answer @simple_mama. Sorry but I think I don't understand what you mean because actually the different links you see on my main menu bar are : ??? "?? LA UNE" = homepage (with Latest Blog entries section) ??? "MAT?‰RIEL", "TECHNO", "SERVICES"... are already category links (PostPins section enabled, "show all" option)

Posted · Report post

@pross @simple_mama @Danny @beardedavenger : I've just found a trick to display posts relative to a specific category. In PageLines > Drag & Drop 1) Create as much templates as you have categories 2) Insert PostPins section into each template you created In WordPress control panel 3) Create as much page as you have categories 4) Set a different template for each page 5) Set a different Pin Post Category for each page in PageLines Meta Settings It works! But, of course, it would be better that PostPins section auto detect a category (when inserted in a category template I mean). Jean-Philippe

Posted · Report post

@pross : Works like a charm! Thank you so much Simon! I suppose the PostPins section will be updated soon, including these lines of code?

Posted · Report post

Ditto Jean-Phillipe's request for PostPins to display excerpts!

Posted · Report post

I believe so Jean-Philippe!

Posted · Report post

If the next update could also include the choice for us to select WordPress excerpts... :) Thank you!

Posted · Report post

This was perfect!

IS it possible to hide the excerpt too?

Posted · Report post

for some reason only a few pins are loading and even when I click on load more pins, they dont load. any idea what's going on? I inserted the category/tag php suggested by @simon. my site is brightontheday.com

Posted · Report post

Hi Brighton,

This topic is marked resolved and will not get the attention you deserve. Kindly open a new topic and reference this one so that we may provide you with the best support possible for your issue.

Posted · Report post

The categories filter worked like a charm. Thanks for sharing the code.

Posted · Report post

Hi Jean-Philippe, Unfortunately, this is not currently possible at this moment in time. We have had a similar request with the Feature Slider, therefore I have added this to our tracker as a feature enhancement.

Posted · Report post

Thank you for your answer Danny. It's a pity! I bought this section in this aim actually! Well, I have to wait then... Please find below others features requests please: ??? choice to use PageLines or WordPress excerpt ??? choice to display or not the category ??? choice to display or not the date ??? choice to display or not the author Thanks!