• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tuanma

tuanma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:49 PM

Hello, Just activated the navbar feature in 2.2, however, I ran into a couple of problems. 1.) the Fixed nav background doesn't span the entire width of the browser or become liquid. 2.) the standard nav doesn't stick below the fixed nav when scrolling per example. Anyone else run into these problems? Tuan

#2 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:08 AM

Hmmm, on the first, it seems it's not picking up a CSS (pl-color-black-trans)class. Can you try saving your settings, randomly? Saving anywhere works. Also, do you by chance have any caching plugins or anything? #2 The standard nav doesn't stick by design when scrolling. Nick

#3 tuanma

tuanma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:04 AM

I have W3 Total Cache plugin installed, tried clearing the cache without any luck. Also, tried changing the colors of the navbar and nothing changes except a faint border.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:39 AM

Its container spans the entire width but not the inner content, so it's the inner content that will need adjustment. Are you currently using any other CSS code? If so, what is it?

#5 tuanma

tuanma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:42 AM

I had some custom css in the pagelines customize plugin, however. I removed all of it but no change. I've also deactivated all the plugins to see what would happen. The navbar turns clear with just the shadows of the text displaying.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:56 AM

Adding this CSS will make the entire navigation container background black:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

When the background color is added, the inner content's subtle gradient background is more noticeable. Do you want this background to be removed and then used to replace the black overall background color?

#7 tuanma

tuanma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:07 AM

I placed the css code in and can see what you're talking about. The gradient background is just floating there above a black background, which doesn't look very nice. I was hoping to get the same look as the pagelines navbar above. Also, I'm trying to make the navbar as small as possible in terms of height.

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15788 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:22 AM

Hi Tuanma, This is most likely caused by a plug-in your issue with the full width fixed nav. Please disable all active plug-ins, this includes W3 Total Cache and see if this resolves the issue.