#1 janpeeters

janpeeters

Advocate

• Members

• 304 posts
  • LocationBreda, The Netherlands

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

Hi,

After the 2.2. update my CSS got messed up a bit, so I'm busy reparing and also trying to do things more thorough and lean.

At the bottom of the page behind the URL I have a morefooter with a very small height. This height was about the height of the social-icons with a padding of about 7px. But I'm not sure how to get it back like it was. The first bit of code is wat I used to diminish the height, the others to control the paddings.
To not see the default WP widget content I've placed widgets in the middle and right morefooter with no text just a space. (I don't know who even thought it might be handy to have default content like a calendar and so). Can I turn that off somewhere?

Anyway, I hope someone can have a look because with Firebug I don't succeed.

Thanks. Jan

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:17 PM

Jan, we have an update coming soon that should repair many CSS breaks. Would you prefer to wait a day? My concern is that when the update comes, it could make the solution we apply now break again.

#3 janpeeters

janpeeters

Advocate

• Members

• 304 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:25 AM

Hi Rangelone, Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you. I applied the 2.2.1 update and it didn't solve it. Maybe I did something else wrong but I can't think back what that might have been. Do you think you can have a look? Thanks, Jan

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15120 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:23 PM

Hi Jan, Is this issue now resolved, as I have visited your website and the Morefoot area seems to be as far as I can the height you wanted. If this is not correct, would it be possible to provide an image displaying the correct height please.

#5 janpeeters

janpeeters

Advocate

• Members

• 304 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

Hi Danny, No sorry it's not resolved. I can't give you a screenshot, since it's gone, but I can explain: The margin on the top of the social icons should be the same height as the margin below the icons. So the whole footer should have a slightly reduced height. I had to input empty text-widgets in the footer to not see the default Wordpress widgets like a calendar (whoever thought that would be handy I don't know?) I don't know of another way but maybe this prevents the heights of the footer form being even smaller than it is at the moment. Does this make things more clear? Thanks, Jan

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:05 AM

Try this CSS:

#7 janpeeters

janpeeters

Advocate

• Members

• 304 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

Hi Catrina, Thanks for your code, but it doesn't change a thing. Can it be that some items in the footer have a minimum height in Framework? I've not been able to find such a thing, but maybe you know. Thanks, Jan

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:27 PM

Jan, try this

#9 janpeeters

janpeeters

Advocate

• Members

• 304 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:16 AM

Hi Rangelone, thanks, I added padding-right: 9px; now everything is nicely centered vertically, but still the margins top and bottom are to big. I'd like the top and bottom to be 9px (or something like that) either. It seems that some object has a min height but I can't find it. it could be the empty widgets that I placed but without them Framework fills them up with default content, not something I want. Jan

#10 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

Have you downloaded Firebug for Firefox or used Chrome's inspection tools? You can locate the exact area you want to change much easier than we can since sometimes communication gets lost and we can't tell what exactly needs fixed. :) All of the padding for that area is: morefoot section padding all the way around pagelines grid padding all the way around Fix those 2 and you will have 0 padding on all sides.

#11 janpeeters

janpeeters

Advocate

• Members

• 304 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:38 AM

Hi Jenny,

I'm using Firebug 24/7 and I couldn't find it with it.
But with your instruction on the morefoot and pagelines grid I started from scratch.

The following code saved my day ;-)

Thanks for all your help, Catrina, Jenny, Rangelone and Danny!

Jan