• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 COVVHA

COVVHA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

I just updated my platform pro to whatever it was that I woke up to this morning 2.2. I believe? My custom CSS code which was set to CENTER MY MAIN LOGO IMAGE is no longer working I now also have an ERROR CODE in the top menu bar -- PageLines Custom LESS/CSS error. parse error: failed at `var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; ` line: 831 Somebody please give me the WORD FOR WORD CSS CODE to put my logo back to center, I need the full code from BODY to /> and what to do about the rest of it.!!!!!! Im heading out for vacation and I hate to leave my site like this :(

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

well, looks like you have javascript in the custom css box

#3 COVVHA

COVVHA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:20 PM

Umm that doesnt help me

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

Please post the contents of your custom css to http://paste.pagelines.com

#5 COVVHA

COVVHA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

Can you please tell me how to go back to the last version so that I can deal with this after I get back from vacation... This is what is in the css body div.branding_wrap {text-align: center;}

#6 COVVHA

COVVHA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

sorry pasted where you told me to now

#7 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:41 PM

http://screencast.com/t/QTHBLWAu8e I have highlighted the javascript for you, it needs to go in the headerscripts area, just below the css box. css box, only css.

#8 COVVHA

COVVHA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:25 AM

(This is truthnofools Dad / tech support.) The problems have been fixed. I moved the java scritp back to where it was in the headers/scripts area to fix the css error. I had to override the #branding .mainlogo-link, #branding .mainlogo-img entry in style.css and change the display attribute to inline from block. I suspect this is changed in the update and that is what caused the original problem - the image alignment. I also suspect that my offspring moved the javascript in an attempt to fix the aligment problem. Does anyone know how to convince someone no to make upgrades to a live site before testing them on a development site?

#9 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:46 AM

I think the best way to convince someone to not make upgrades to a live site is by telling them that it's always best practice to test the upgrade on a development site first so that any problems can be cleaned up "behind the scenes" rather than in front of website visitors.

#10 COVVHA

COVVHA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:13 AM

That works with people who understand software development and are familiar with development, test and production environments. But we're talking Wordpress - software for the masses. In my daughters case she's put together a very attractive and effective website - including the use of pagelines. But every once in a while she shoots first and aims later and dad gets to fix whatever she shot.

#11 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:31 AM

I can't think of any other way to convince someone to test before going live. : I think it's just a safe route to take when a drastic change is made. Maybe someone else on the forum can offer a more convincing argument than that. :) If you want to learn more about using a test environment on a local server, WordPress offers documentation on it: http://codex.wordpre...r_Mac_With_MAMP (this is for Mac users - you can also look up a way for Windows users by searching for WAMP WordPress installation)