Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2.2 Known Issues/fixes

Question

Posted · Report post

There seems to be some very strange PHP configurations on some Plesk based hosts.

They affect the way the LESS CSS is minified before being sent to the browser. It seems to remove the letter 'r' from the CSS, we have added an option in 2.2.1 to enable minification and made it disabled by default.

The CSS rewrite was broken on some Windows based ISS hosts. Fixed in 2.2.1

If rewrites are still broken ie the CSS is a 404 and http://yourhost/?pageless=1 works the add the following to wp-config.php:

define( 'PL_NO_DYNAMIC_URL', true );[/CODE]

Now robs widget post ;) : Friends,

A solution to this issue is likely to be released very soon, but I've noticed that some of you have clients asking for immediate resolution. I can understand your plight. Here's a temporary solution that should take under 10 minutes, even on the most complex sidebars.

Simply go to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets. You'll notice that the sidebar order has changed and is now set up in descending priority... Primary, Secondary, Tertiary on top.

You'll need to carefully review each of them and slide the widgets from their new, incorrect location, back to the old, correct location.

Please, don't slide the widgets back to the main area of the page. Only slide them up or down. This preserves any settings within the widget. If you move them back to the widget holding area, the settings will be lost.

Once moved back, they will stay where they belong. You do not have to save the widgets to preserve their location. Moving them in place is sufficient. I had to do this myself last night when I upgraded to 2.2 and initially screamed a bit. After getting past the shock, it became clear to slide them and with a large number of complex sidebar combinations took me about 4 minutes to fix.

We apologize for any inconvenience. I can assure you we're working on a solution quickly.

76 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Please if you have an issue open your own question so we can support you.