Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2.2 Known Issues/fixes

Question

Posted · Report post

There seems to be some very strange PHP configurations on some Plesk based hosts.

They affect the way the LESS CSS is minified before being sent to the browser. It seems to remove the letter 'r' from the CSS, we have added an option in 2.2.1 to enable minification and made it disabled by default.

The CSS rewrite was broken on some Windows based ISS hosts. Fixed in 2.2.1

If rewrites are still broken ie the CSS is a 404 and http://yourhost/?pageless=1 works the add the following to wp-config.php:

define( 'PL_NO_DYNAMIC_URL', true );[/CODE]

Now robs widget post ;) : Friends,

A solution to this issue is likely to be released very soon, but I've noticed that some of you have clients asking for immediate resolution. I can understand your plight. Here's a temporary solution that should take under 10 minutes, even on the most complex sidebars.

Simply go to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets. You'll notice that the sidebar order has changed and is now set up in descending priority... Primary, Secondary, Tertiary on top.

You'll need to carefully review each of them and slide the widgets from their new, incorrect location, back to the old, correct location.

Please, don't slide the widgets back to the main area of the page. Only slide them up or down. This preserves any settings within the widget. If you move them back to the widget holding area, the settings will be lost.

Once moved back, they will stay where they belong. You do not have to save the widgets to preserve their location. Moving them in place is sufficient. I had to do this myself last night when I upgraded to 2.2 and initially screamed a bit. After getting past the shock, it became clear to slide them and with a large number of complex sidebar combinations took me about 4 minutes to fix.

We apologize for any inconvenience. I can assure you we're working on a solution quickly.

76 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Reserved.

Posted · Report post

hello, yes, I get this every time when updating, not just to 2.2. fortunately I didn't notice any other glitches with the upgrade this time, so it was easy enough to slide the widgets up and down a bit.

Posted · Report post

Glad that worked for you.

Posted · Report post

@rangelone: Should I just wait to upgrade? Seems like things are not 100% stable yet.

Posted · Report post

@webwerx 99.9% of the time, widgets are not affected, we have hardcoded the locations in 2.2 because we too are fed up with them moving. I could tell you about how every server is different and running different versions of PHP and thats why the widgets are registered in slightly different orders but i wouldn't like to bore you ;) Upgrading == backup. Always. WordPress advise this and so do we.

Posted · Report post

It is possible to download the older version of Pageline Framework 2.1.x ?? thanks

Posted · Report post

How do I go back to 2.1? My client site has been down now for 24 hours. If going back is not possible, I need clarity: are you saying that it is a Plesk-Pagelines incompatibility and there is no way forward other than to redevelop the site using another theme that is not Pagelines? If this is the case, I'd rather know it sooner than later so I can do the work over the weekend.

Posted · Report post

will your future update not mess up the order the widgets appear? if so when will this update be available?

Posted · Report post

Hi - The problem I have is I can't slide the widgets up or down - only across. I'm not on Plesk but an old CPanel version and get the following error; PageLines Custom LESS/CSS error. parse error: failed at ` ` line: 851 Any help offered is much appreciated. Cheers.

Posted · Report post

I'm posting this in case it helps somebody. I've had the same problems with the CSS. I found if I copy and pasted it into a text file and then put each one back 'one by one' saving in between it worked. Then I realised the ones which were causing problems were ones which had the following in; background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #f5f5b8; margin-left:10px; } If I deleted 'none repeat scroll 0 0' it suddenly started working. So maybe this version doesn't understand 'shorthand properties'? I can't say this for sure but mines started working so could be a quick fix for some of you.

Posted · Report post

I just deleted every coustom CSS but all widgets goes to footer www.godigital.es

Posted · Report post

[s]So how do I fix this??? http://makeupvideo.co.uk It said there was an upgrade to 2.2.1 available so I upgraded, it then said there was another upgrade available so I upgraded and now my site is completely down and to top it off I am unable to access Blogsense which is installed in a separate folder on the root domain to restore my backup. Thanks Pagelines.[/s] Scrap that it appears to have sorted itself out after 5 minutes of being in Maintenance Mode, Still not impressed though.

Posted · Report post

I am having a parse issue after updating a website to 2.2.1 from 2.1.6. I am running on a Plesk server. The site is [url="http://pleasepassthebread.org"]pleasepassthebread.org[/url]. I get the [i]PageLines Custom LESS/CSS error. parse error: unclosed block[/i]. How do I get rid of this error? I am not noticing any issues due to the parse error yet, but it's obviously concerning.

Posted · Report post

Unclosed block means your CSS is missing a closing brace } The LESS processor needs properly formatted CSS/LESS to function.

Posted · Report post

So is it safe for me to upgrade from 2.1.6 to 2.2?? [url="http://www.seoproim.com/"]http://www.seoproim.com/[/url]

Posted · Report post

Dont upgrade!!!!!

Posted · Report post

@virplay if you have an issue, let us know simply shouting 'Dont Upgrade!!!!' is not helping anybody unless thats your professional opinion. I saw your LESS error thread, you have a missing brace in your CSS, fix the error, the css will work.

Posted · Report post

@pross: I am just wondering what value upgrading has for us. We are about to launch our new site and I am worried that the upgrade may "break" the work we have done. Plus my host (WPENGINE) is going to upgrade to WP3.4 next week. Are there any security improvements in 2.2? Or is this just a matter of giving people access to your "plus system"?

Posted · Report post

No way Simon, sorry, not only a issue with CSS, al my widgets went off. I did have to change everytihing manually. Event now my footer is not working after the update.

Posted · Report post

2.2 has bootstrap, many shortcodes and LESS built in check out the new demo http://demo.pagelines.com/framework/ We worked with wpengine to make sure the store worked properly, they blogged about it i think. Do you have a staging site to test the upgrade?

Posted · Report post

I added custom sidebars to my pagelines framework so that i could have different sidebars on different pages. For example pagelines comes with a folder sb_primary and sb_secondary, etc. I added some additional sidebards: sb_custom1 and sb_custom2. They were working fine until i upgraded to 2.2.1. Once I upgraded to 2.2.1 they are no longer registered. They do not show up on my pages nor do they show up on the widget page as an optional sidebar. Its like they dont exist. I looked on my server to make sure the sb_custom1 and sb_custom2 were still on the server after my upgrade and the folders are still there but not registering or working. What can I do to make these custom sidebars work?? Again, they worked fine prior to my upgrade. I used the instructions found here http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Add_Custom_Sidebars to add my sidebars and they worked fine before i upgraded. How do i fix my custom sidebars to work in 2.2.1? Thank you.

Posted · Report post

I so regret adopting Pagelines for our website.

Posted · Report post

The upgrade went smoothly for me. The only issue was that my widgets ended up in "MoreFoot Right". I needed to manually drag them to "Primary Sidebar" (which only took about 30 seconds) and everything is now working as expected. A reminder of the importance of backing up your WordPress site (files and database) before performing an upgrade. This way you can easily revert to the previous version if things don't go smoothly. I use the BackupBuddy plugin to make this process more convenient and find that it works well.

Posted · Report post

@travelcafe - As do I. @simon, @rangelone, @danny: Is it expected that all of our widgets will be "out of sync"? I adore pagelines, I design all my websites in Pagelines and have refused to move away from it. I started using it at v1! So, it's important to me that this upgrade go smoothly for both my site and dozens of clients' sites. Thanks~

Posted · Report post

[quote]I so regret adopting Pagelines for our website[/quote] I am starting to feel the same way. The worst part is I bought a developer's license and have built a bunch of sites with it. I expect I'll be receiving a LOT of calls about this.