#61 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Framework Version:2.2

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:26 PM

@arpowers: This statement does not give me the warm and fuzzies: "Most issues have been patched in 2.2.1. If you've updated, and are still having problems, please clarify." . When will "all issues" be fixed? I want to upgrade without any hassles. I don't think I am being unreasonable.

#62 travelcafe

travelcafe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:53 AM

@arpowers: Could you please explain what you mean by "Most issues have been patched in 2.2.1." What issues are you talking about? Is there a list of issues that are fixed?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please advise. Thanks.

#63 slingr

slingr

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:16 AM

@timstringer Just for future reference, can you (or anyone) detail how to restore a backup file in the event of a problem like those reported since the 2.2 release? I'm assuming it's not as simple as just deleting the current database and importing the saved database.I've imported databases when migrating sites to new servers, but I've never had to recover or restore a saved database. Thanks.

#64 peterluit

peterluit

Advanced Member

• Members

• 80 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Framework Version:2.x

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:35 AM

Upgrading to 2.2.1 has one issue (for as far as I have experienced): widgets! The widgets (in my case) were deleted. In order to prevent this, before upgrading, drag all widgets to the area below where you can store widgets WITH their values. After upgrading to 2.2.1, drag alle widgets back in your widget areas. I hope #pagelines will fix this issue in 2.2.2, since this can consume a lot of time, in cases where designs have conditional widgets on many pages......

#65 travelcafe

travelcafe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:39 AM

Thanks @peterluit, that's a good tip.

#66 rantamies

rantamies

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:34 PM

HI, I had different background pictures for different pages. Now they wont show? Have you had same problem

#67 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Framework Version:2.2

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

I just upgraded to V 2.2.1 this afternoon. I had two issues - both minor. I took the precaution of setting a restore point with my host so that if things did indeed go south, I could simply revert back. Didn't have to. Now to all that cool new stuff!

#68 Martin Bay

Martin Bay

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDenmark
  • Framework Version:Latest :)

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

When are we getting an update to correct the slow load of this file: pagelines-compiled-css-

#69 slingr

slingr

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:01 AM

I just wanted to say that I've waited until today to update based on the various problems reported here. I updated three sites after moving the widgets to the inactive area as recommended. I got a parsing error on one site due to a missing colon in my custom code. Other than that, it looks like everything went fine. I didn't notice any speed degradation. I'm with BlueHost. The additions to the Pagelines dashboard options look promising. I would like to repeat suggestions that have been made previously that Pagelines be more communicative with their customers BEFORE major upgrades like this are implemented. I don't know if you need to expand your beta testing or what, but IMO there was no excuse for releasing the update without any advance notice, warning, or guidance that this update would likely not be simply a matter of clicking the update link.

#70 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

@slingr Glad your updates went ok. As for the beta program, I posted a sticky thread here in the forums about 6 weeks before release asking for help testing upgrades, do you want to know how many people replied? Less than FIVE. Thankfully we had the help from our store developers and had great feedback from them. As for advanced warning, there was an update notice in your wp-admin with a link to this thread, you only had to click it, it even said Please Read if im not mistaken. What kind of notification would you like?

#71 fbabbitt

fbabbitt

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

Simon, to answer your question from the first page... "what do people want". I think people who pay between $200-$400 (a huge amount in the WP world) for Pagelines want new releases to be more fully tested and not require us to go through hoops to make them work. Yes, you did "alert" us to issues -- but that in and of itself is both scary and disheartening. So, more testing. If you aren't getting enough beta testers, try harder. That's your responsibility, not ours. Incentivize us, send emails, make more posts. I for one will be extremely unhappy if the next upgrade goes like this. I just did my upgrade and in preparation I backed it all up and moved all my widgets to the saved bar. I put them back and they all seem fine. However, I am having a big issue with my homepage Features. They are all broken. I'm working on fixing them now but any advice would be most appreciated.

#72 SteinVox

SteinVox

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationChicago area

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

Simon, In answer to your question about notification, here is a suggestion. Posting to the forums alone limits your response only to those that happen across your sticky post. Most customers are likely busy with other priorities and are less likely proactively monitoring the forums looking for more to add to a busy day. I suggest sending a direct email to all registered PageLines account owners. Do this in just the same way that PageLlines sends out the notice that the new update has been posted and is ready for installation. Involve your marketing team for this - they are likely interested in helping broaden the brand value of that action, as well. This may be a better approach for two reasons. First it covers every customer in the PageLines community. And in addition, it enables us (your customers) to prepare for the update and modify our content management schedules around the availability of the update. And finally, it won't be a surprise. Of course, this will also provide more input on the beta for these issues that are showing up immediately after launch. Granted, both these reasons are primarily customer-centric. I believe this approach would result in more than 5 responses for your limited beta - AND a much better customer experience. Cheers, Andrew

#73 amberjules

amberjules

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:08 AM

After upgrading to 2.2.1 my site is so SLLLLOOOWWWWWW!!!! It messed up all of my widgets. I can't even slide the widgets around. I'm super upset that I'm having to deal with this AND that my site is so slow. I'm using Bluehost and have my own static IP. It wasn't slow at all until I upgraded. I am used Super Cache; deleted the cache and reloaded, still slow. Is there a fix to these issues? www.LamberJules.com

#74 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

Amber, your site loads in less that 2.5s with 89 http requests, and for a shared host that is something of a miracle.

#75 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:18 PM

@andrewstein I would love to send out emails for every release, but we also get too many 'your sending out too many emails' complaints. Thats why we chose the forum. Maybe if we started a 'subscribe to important updates' mailing list?

#76 mojocreator

mojocreator

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

It takes close to 7 seconds to load pagelines-compiled-css which is over 75% of my total load time. I have a CDN integrated as well as minification but i can't minify this CSS that hogs all the load time. How can I minify this file and redirect to the CDN??

This is happening on multiple sites and is not related to any plugin or setup, this is the pagelines-compiled-css issu.

Posted Image

#77 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

Please if you have an issue open your own question so we can support you.