76 replies to this topic

#41 lucasgarvin

lucasgarvin

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

@peterluit - You can go to Pagelines > Site Options > NavBar > NavBar and Fixed NavBar Theme Hope that helps

#42 lucasgarvin

lucasgarvin

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

@arpowers - When I upgraded to 2.2 - 2.2.1 was the one I upgraded to but my site

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

is still having some issues. I've checked custom css and that doenst seem to be the issue.

#43 lucasgarvin

lucasgarvin

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

Whoops! Figured out the issue. For others: If you are using WP Total Cache in combination w/ Pagelines Framework 2.2+ and the Base Theme, the "Browser Cache" and "Object Cache" functions will break the new NavBar and Features sections.

#44 lucasgarvin

lucasgarvin

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

Correction: just the browser cache. Does anyone know why the parent menu items with drop downs aren't clickable. They're given an id for the drop down but the link for the parent is removed. I want those to be clickable. Ideas?

is the site url.

#45 Martin Bay

Martin Bay

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDenmark
  • Framework Version:Latest :)

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

Ooooo I hate these updates - why are they moving around the widgets... These updates simply takes too much time to make - it should just be a click and viola.

#46 kense

kense

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

Forget it!

#47 dharmagate

dharmagate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.1

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:56 PM

hi Got an issue with 2.2.1 Features with youtube embed code show up blank since update. I got the feature section in the Blog Content Area (and it doesn't work in the main body area either) the embed code is I tired to make a new feature and still it is blank. just to make sure the settings are right, i tried an image slide and it works fine. i tired a different youtube video and it doesn't work either. please help, i need it working again.

#48 brasesco

brasesco

Advanced Member

• Members

• 55 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA
  • Framework Version:2.3.6

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:57 PM

It's frustrating that each version update is so destructive. Just updated to 2.2 and its going to take some work to get my site back how it was. Main issues: Widgets wiped out, multiple issues with margins/padding being altered, feature slider messed up. I think I can fix it all, but its going to take hours. I'm excited about the new features but just wish my site wouldn't get destroyed every time I upgrade.

#49 berylo

berylo

• Members

• 22 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:08 AM

Upgraded to 2.2.1 (very carefully) and other than having to shift my widgets and a minor glitch with the calendar plug-in I use, all is well EXCEPT my site is taking a very long time to load - are others experiencing this?

#50 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 1755 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

I have tested in three test sites the new version 2.2 and 2.2.1. Except for a small bug in my code "filter: progid: DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient" everything seems to work perfect. In one site I was not using the "base theme" I had to move the widget to the correct position (10 minutes) and select de correct menu for my navigation bar, in this same place I update without disabling the plugins (for testing I have over 30) and I had no problem. I could not continue using the "base theme" because when I edit a page get the error "No Input File Specified." but it is certainly a problem with .htaccess and my host provider. In short everything works fine with the new version 2.2.1. for me. Only other point of view about this.

#51 Martin Bay

Martin Bay

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

Long load times here! pagelines-compiled-css take ages to load - how to solve this issue?

#52 Martin Bay

Martin Bay

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

Long load times here! pagelines-compiled-css take ages to load - how to solve this issue?

#53 Martin Bay

Martin Bay

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

x

#54 lucasgarvin

lucasgarvin

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:03 AM

@martinbay - I can understand your concern for inefficient load times. I currently use the W3 Total Cache plugin and CloudFlare.com to boost the speed of my site(s). My site is

if you would like to see how it loads. If you need any help setting the plugin up send me a message in the forum. I also would highly recommend

as it is an excellent tool for controlled/monitored security and performance.

Hope this helps.

#55 skyrocket

skyrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

this update was the worst nightmare. it messed up my entire site, had to restore a 24 hour old backup and lost hours of work. not cool.

#56 travelcafe

travelcafe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:59 AM

@arpowers said: "Most issues have been patched in 2.2.1. If you've updated, and are still having problems, please clarify."

I'm using the Base theme, and loads of custom sidebars. Am I all good to go with this update?

#57 kcmsports

kcmsports

• Members

• 8 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:36 AM

Look, I'm new to webdesign. All I know is using my webhost when I went upgraded I cannot change my typography, colors, text, whatever nothing responds to me. When I downloaded the free version through my webhost it worked properly. So I got the hang of it changing everything on my command. So I took a change and reloaded 2.2.1 and now nothing responds and it knocked out everything I did with the free version... So I need help if not I will be getting a refund and sticking with the limitations on the free version given to me.

#58 Martin Bay

Martin Bay

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

@digitalenvy I just tested your site - load time 6.68 - that is veeeery long time. As expected this file "pagelines-compiled-css" take 5.14 for 19.5 kB!!

#59 berylo

berylo

• Members

• 22 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:35 PM

If you are experiencing slow loading times I suggest you check out this discussion thread at

as it contains tips which may help regarding loading times. (I'm getting the WP3 Cache people to help me as when I tried to set it up myself I got error messages I couldn't understand - but that's not unusal as I am new to all this web development stuff and admit I don't know what I'm doing half the time!) It's hard to know how much the loading times have to do with 2.2.1 - I have developed two sites and I've left my "client" site on 2.1.6 because I am being very cautious. However, I have upgraded my personal site to 2.2.1. BOTH sites are now very slow, so this may not be an upgrade issue. Apparently my 2.1.6 site is in the bottom 23% of all websites and my upgraded site is in the bottom 15% - whoopee! I'll let you know how I get on with WP3 Cache which is highly recommended all over the place. Actually I am noticing that the response times of this Pagelines forum now seem very slow - am I imagining things, overly paranoid or what? :-)

#60 sois

sois

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:49 AM

If widget order is fixed, I am pleased.