Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

2.2 has bootstrap, many shortcodes and LESS built in check out the new demo

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

We worked with wpengine to make sure the store worked properly, they blogged about it i think. Do you have a staging site to test the upgrade?

#22 elwingfield

elwingfield

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

I added custom sidebars to my pagelines framework so that i could have different sidebars on different pages. For example pagelines comes with a folder sb_primary and sb_secondary, etc. I added some additional sidebards: sb_custom1 and sb_custom2. They were working fine until i upgraded to 2.2.1. Once I upgraded to 2.2.1 they are no longer registered. They do not show up on my pages nor do they show up on the widget page as an optional sidebar. Its like they dont exist. I looked on my server to make sure the sb_custom1 and sb_custom2 were still on the server after my upgrade and the folders are still there but not registering or working. What can I do to make these custom sidebars work?? Again, they worked fine prior to my upgrade. I used the instructions found here

to add my sidebars and they worked fine before i upgraded. How do i fix my custom sidebars to work in 2.2.1? Thank you.

#23 travelcafe

travelcafe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

I so regret adopting Pagelines for our website.

#24 timstringer

timstringer

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:40 PM

The upgrade went smoothly for me. The only issue was that my widgets ended up in "MoreFoot Right". I needed to manually drag them to "Primary Sidebar" (which only took about 30 seconds) and everything is now working as expected. A reminder of the importance of backing up your WordPress site (files and database) before performing an upgrade. This way you can easily revert to the previous version if things don't go smoothly. I use the BackupBuddy plugin to make this process more convenient and find that it works well.

#25 lucasgarvin

lucasgarvin

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

@travelcafe - As do I. @simon, @rangelone, @danny: Is it expected that all of our widgets will be "out of sync"? I adore pagelines, I design all my websites in Pagelines and have refused to move away from it. I started using it at v1! So, it's important to me that this upgrade go smoothly for both my site and dozens of clients' sites. Thanks~

#26 studiob

studiob

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:39 PM

I so regret adopting Pagelines for our website

I am starting to feel the same way. The worst part is I bought a developer's license and have built a bunch of sites with it. I expect I'll be receiving a LOT of calls about this.

#27 travelcafe

travelcafe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:54 PM

For me, this "issue" goes all the way back to February 2012. See comments starting here:

The Pagelines crew took no heed then, and they are ducking and diving now.

#28 sidianmsjones

sidianmsjones

• Members

• 185 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:00 AM

Great. I just updated and now the company blog is totally messed up.

Please let me know how to roll back the update or otherwise fix this.

#29 studiob

studiob

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:15 AM

@travelcafe Wow, here is Simon's response to your widget problem back in February:

Widgets do not move around by themselves. If you change theme, or change the way they are ordered then they will change.

That's a great attitude to have towards customers with serious concerns, just deny, deny, deny.

#30 tceballos

tceballos

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:46 AM

In summary, - Back up all - Move widgets depending on the case - Review the custom CSS - Add the line in the file wp-config.php: define ('PL_NO_DYNAMIC_URL', true); I need any other details? I update both WP 3.4 as the framework 2.2 and after a deep breath I only had the problem of widgets but I realized they were rearranged So I just add the line to your wp-config.php to version 2.2.1 before upgrading? --- Well, I trust that in a little less traumatic system upgrades, technology live thanks

#31 red3media

red3media

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:10 AM

x

#32 lucasgarvin

lucasgarvin

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:02 AM

@simon, @danny, @rangelone, @simple_mama, @catrina: Can someone please help me fix my company site? I think there's a jquery/javascript issue. I'm not going to bash you guys because it's a great product and I know you're trying to make it even better, but I need help ASAP. Thanks! - Lucas

#33 lucasgarvin

lucasgarvin

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:02 AM

the url is

#34 travelcafe

travelcafe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:54 AM

*silence*

#35 dtldesign

dtldesign

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:18 AM

How do I revert back to 2.1.6? 2.2 not working for me and I need to roll back until fixed.

#36 virplay

virplay

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

Hope they come very soon with a new update to solve all this issues. Thx

#37 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:50 AM

Most issues have been patched in 2.2.1. If you've updated, and are still having problems, please clarify.

#38 awww

awww

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:11 PM

Just to offer another datapoint from a user who has had no problems, our upgrade on our beta site to 2.2.1 went smoothly. So far, there have been no issues. I was worried (as I am for all upgrades, be they to OSes, everyday software, plugins, CMSes, what have you), but no problems as far as I can tell. I did take the prophylactic maneuver of doing the "shifts in place" of all my widgets in all my sidebars, just to be sure that they would stay put. All is well. Quite a relief, frankly. Like someone above: I've been working on this new site since April and don't have the time for a setback!

#39 mattbrockmusic

mattbrockmusic

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:32 PM

I just upgraded to 2.2.1 and now I'm getting a "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 262144 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 77824 bytes)" message for my init.globals.php file. Now every page I click on in my dashboard yields that nastiness. Er. Help?

#40 peterluit

peterluit

Advanced Member

• Members

• 80 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Framework Version:2.x

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

Does anyone already know how to change the color of the new navbar? I could not yet discover where the color definitions are made in CSS.... It does not seem to be a fixed image..... Tx, Peter