#1 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

There seems to be some very strange PHP configurations on some Plesk based hosts.

They affect the way the LESS CSS is minified before being sent to the browser. It seems to remove the letter 'r' from the CSS, we have added an option in 2.2.1 to enable minification and made it disabled by default.

The CSS rewrite was broken on some Windows based ISS hosts. Fixed in 2.2.1

If rewrites are still broken ie the CSS is a 404 and

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

works the add the following to wp-config.php:

Now robs widget post ;) : Friends,

A solution to this issue is likely to be released very soon, but I've noticed that some of you have clients asking for immediate resolution. I can understand your plight. Here's a temporary solution that should take under 10 minutes, even on the most complex sidebars.

Simply go to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets. You'll notice that the sidebar order has changed and is now set up in descending priority... Primary, Secondary, Tertiary on top.

You'll need to carefully review each of them and slide the widgets from their new, incorrect location, back to the old, correct location.

Please, don't slide the widgets back to the main area of the page. Only slide them up or down. This preserves any settings within the widget. If you move them back to the widget holding area, the settings will be lost.

Once moved back, they will stay where they belong. You do not have to save the widgets to preserve their location. Moving them in place is sufficient. I had to do this myself last night when I upgraded to 2.2 and initially screamed a bit. After getting past the shock, it became clear to slide them and with a large number of complex sidebar combinations took me about 4 minutes to fix.

We apologize for any inconvenience. I can assure you we're working on a solution quickly.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15848 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

Reserved.

#3 revoltoid

revoltoid

Advanced Member

• Members

• 99 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:09 PM

hello, yes, I get this every time when updating, not just to 2.2. fortunately I didn't notice any other glitches with the upgrade this time, so it was easy enough to slide the widgets up and down a bit.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:34 PM

Glad that worked for you.

#5 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Framework Version:2.2

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:41 PM

@rangelone: Should I just wait to upgrade? Seems like things are not 100% stable yet.

#6 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:31 AM

@webwerx 99.9% of the time, widgets are not affected, we have hardcoded the locations in 2.2 because we too are fed up with them moving. I could tell you about how every server is different and running different versions of PHP and thats why the widgets are registered in slightly different orders but i wouldn't like to bore you ;) Upgrading == backup. Always. WordPress advise this and so do we.

#7 rudolfo78

rudolfo78

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:53 AM

It is possible to download the older version of Pageline Framework 2.1.x ?? thanks

#8 gord

gord

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:37 AM

How do I go back to 2.1? My client site has been down now for 24 hours. If going back is not possible, I need clarity: are you saying that it is a Plesk-Pagelines incompatibility and there is no way forward other than to redevelop the site using another theme that is not Pagelines? If this is the case, I'd rather know it sooner than later so I can do the work over the weekend.

#9 gavin_launchpad

gavin_launchpad

Advocate

• Members

• 488 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:58 AM

will your future update not mess up the order the widgets appear? if so when will this update be available?

#10 storm09

storm09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:08 AM

Hi - The problem I have is I can't slide the widgets up or down - only across. I'm not on Plesk but an old CPanel version and get the following error; PageLines Custom LESS/CSS error. parse error: failed at ` ` line: 851 Any help offered is much appreciated. Cheers.

#11 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:44 AM

I'm posting this in case it helps somebody. I've had the same problems with the CSS. I found if I copy and pasted it into a text file and then put each one back 'one by one' saving in between it worked. Then I realised the ones which were causing problems were ones which had the following in; background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #f5f5b8; margin-left:10px; } If I deleted 'none repeat scroll 0 0' it suddenly started working. So maybe this version doesn't understand 'shorthand properties'? I can't say this for sure but mines started working so could be a quick fix for some of you.

#12 virplay

virplay

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

I just deleted every coustom CSS but all widgets goes to footer www.godigital.es

#13 groovygrovesy

groovygrovesy

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

So how do I fix this???

It said there was an upgrade to 2.2.1 available so I upgraded, it then said there was another upgrade available so I upgraded and now my site is completely down and to top it off I am unable to access Blogsense which is installed in a separate folder on the root domain to restore my backup.

Thanks Pagelines.

Scrap that it appears to have sorted itself out after 5 minutes of being in Maintenance Mode, Still not impressed though.

#14 summitkreative

summitkreative

• Members

• 11 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

I am having a parse issue after updating a website to 2.2.1 from 2.1.6. I am running on a Plesk server. The site is

I get the PageLines Custom LESS/CSS error. parse error: unclosed block. How do I get rid of this error? I am not noticing any issues due to the parse error yet, but it's obviously concerning.

#15 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:55 PM

Unclosed block means your CSS is missing a closing brace } The LESS processor needs properly formatted CSS/LESS to function.

#16 lucasgarvin

lucasgarvin

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

So is it safe for me to upgrade from 2.1.6 to 2.2??

#17 virplay

virplay

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

Dont upgrade!!!!!

#18 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

@virplay if you have an issue, let us know simply shouting 'Dont Upgrade!!!!' is not helping anybody unless thats your professional opinion. I saw your LESS error thread, you have a missing brace in your CSS, fix the error, the css will work.

#19 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Framework Version:2.2

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:41 PM

@pross: I am just wondering what value upgrading has for us. We are about to launch our new site and I am worried that the upgrade may "break" the work we have done. Plus my host (WPENGINE) is going to upgrade to WP3.4 next week. Are there any security improvements in 2.2? Or is this just a matter of giving people access to your "plus system"?

#20 virplay

virplay

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:45 PM

No way Simon, sorry, not only a issue with CSS, al my widgets went off. I did have to change everytihing manually. Event now my footer is not working after the update.