Photo
- - - - -

Pagelines 2.2 and Wordpress 3.4 ... CSS problem.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 jaumerrr

jaumerrr

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:28 AM

I have installed pagelines 2.2 in my wordpress 3.4 site and Css is broken. I have digged in and try all options and discovered that the problem has something to do with the debug mode. If I go to PageLines debug and Enable Debug Mode, then the CSS starts working again. If I disable debug mode, then it breaks again .... With all plugins disabled makes no difference. Now I have debug mode on and css is working.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15891 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:51 AM

Hi, When you say CSS is broken, are you referring too your custom CSS ?

#3 jaumerrr

jaumerrr

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

No, I am referring to global pagelines CSS ... nothing related with css works . .can't change layout, fonts, colors, nothing, and website looks ugly without any css styles. I enable Debug and all starts working again.

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

open pagelines/includes/class.render.css.php and replace the minify fuction with:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#5 billstevens

billstevens

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationManchester

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

Hi have the same problem. I am not a technical person, so have not messed with CSS at all, but just upgraded and all my css has dissapeared. Very very frustrated with this. Shambles. I dont like being an upaid beta tester for product upgrades. www.redchair.co.uk. I need someone to look at this and mend it again. urgently pls. Bill

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:06 PM

Bill, I don't see any CSS errors, but you'd know best about those. However, your site's sidebars are out of order. Please reference this topic, posted early this morning and follow its instructions:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#7 dharmaduf

dharmaduf

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.2

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

I want to chime in that I'm seeing the same issue as @jaumerrr with WP 3.4 and Pagelines 2.2. With Pagelines debug mode on, the site looks as it should. With it unchecked, things get weird... the features slider shows navigation numbers even though "no navigation" is selected. The brandnav section isn't placing the navigation links to the right of the logo... It's almost as if the section/div names are different depending on debug mode status. Looks like it's time to revert back to Pagelines 2.1.6

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

There were CSS changes made in 2.2 and we're working on a patch due out very soon. The developers are aware of these problems are are working on them through the night. We appreciate your patience.

#9 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:19 PM

Update, if you look at the CSS you will notice the letter R is missing, this is caused by some wierd PHP configuration with plesk and php's preg_replace function, 2.2.1 has minification disabled by default to avoid this. Apologies for all plesk users with this very strange PHP config.

#10 jaumerrr

jaumerrr

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:14 PM

Hello Simon, I replaced the minify function for the one you put in pastebin, but had no effect. If I disable debug mode, then CSS gets screwed again ... Btw, I'm on plain Centos dedicated server, not plesk or shared, and PHP 5.3.3

#11 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

Try upgrading to 2.2.1 it has minification off by default.

#12 jaumerrr

jaumerrr

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

Upgraded and it works with debug off!! Thanks!!!

#13 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

Your welcome :)

#14 opportunex

opportunex

• Members

• 10 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

FYI, 2.2.1 does fix the problem. You are able to run the site fine with debug turned off. However, if you turn on "Enable CSS minification" the problem reoccurs.

Love all the new features!!! Also, I have to give a "shout out" for Danny. He was very helpful in the new chat feature... He saved me hours of headaches and I was back up and running in just a few minutes (at 4:30 in the morning no less). PageLines rocks!