PostLoop not working for me

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 n2loping

n2loping

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

Hello, I wanted to create an archives page so I created a blank Wordpress page and applied the Custom Page template from Pagelines. In Pagelines, I added the Postloop to the Custom Template and I made sure that Content was also added to the master Custom Template. The result is no posts. I have researched similar problems that folks have had and discussed in the forum, however, nobody has come with a concrete solution. I have cleared my browser's cache, I do not have a cache plugin. I have viewed the site in other browsers. Still nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mark

#2 anthalis

anthalis

Advanced Member

• Members

• 60 posts
  • Framework Version:Dev. Latest. Always.

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

Hi Mark,

The PostLoop section displays the content of the current page (meaning any text and media you added to your new page).

The exceptions to this rule are the special pages for Blog, Category, Archive, Search, etc (the ones listed in Pagelines>Meta), which are programmed to pull articles for their specific purpose.
To be clearer (I bet you figured these out already, but it might give some perspective as to how the PostLoop section works)
in the Blog template, the PostLoop will display all your posts;
in the Category template, the PostLoop will display posts from the specific category you clicked on (for ex. Local News).
in the Archive template, the PostLoop will pull posts published in a specific time period, for instance when you click a link like "June 2012";
in the Author template, the PostLoop it will display posts by a specific author;

These templates are applied automatically, and can not be selected for pages you create. The PostLoop is acting in a specific way for each of them.

So, in order to display anything else than the content you write in your page editor, you will need to create a new custom loop for that page using conditionals.

See more info here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I apologize if I misunderstood your needs here. Could you explain in more detail what you want this Archive page to display? Do you by any chance want a Sitemap type of page like

?

#3 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16247 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

Hi Mark, I am accepting @anthalis answer, if you require further assistance, reply here and the question will re-open.