• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 justinn

justinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

Hi, I would like to use a custom menu for the secondary navigation on my clients site so they can link directly to shop product categories. I can see the setting to use child pages as secondary nav, but I don't want to use that. If I go into Appearance > Menus I get options to choose which menus I would like to use for: Simple Nav Section Primary Website Navigation Page Navigation in Footer Columns BrandNav Section Navigation I've checked in Pagelines > Templates and my header is configured to show: Branding Navigation Secondary Navigation But I still can't find where to set up which menu to use for the secondary nav... Can anyone point me in the right direction please? I'm rather lost :) Many thanks Justin

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:14 PM

Justin,

You may create as many secondary navigation menus as you'd like, and select the one you want to appear directly on the post or page. It will be found in the PageLines Meta Settings.

Normally, this would be used to apply a different Secondary Menu to various pages or posts. While you can apply one standard menu to the entire site, that defeats the purpose of using secondary menus to guide navigation.

So, if someone gets to that site and clicks on Videos, you might have a secondary menu linking people to two different pages: Videos of Model Flying | Videos of Model Making.
Then, when someone gets to Videos of Model Flying you can have one showing:
Aerial Shots | Landings | Takeoffs | Acrobatics | Controlling Techniques

On the Videos of Model Flying page, you select the secondary menu that has the next tier. You can drill down as far as you'd like.

The only issue: you can't select individual secondary menus for categories. Only posts and pages. You would need to use the global meta settings for categories.

#3 justinn

justinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:22 PM

Sound good... I'll go check it out!

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts