• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 seo_pro

seo_pro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:54 PM

This now appears at the top of the website page: "Unable to locate the main framework files! Make sure the parent theme folder is named correctly." Any ideas? The base theme and framework directories are both named correctly (I think) and it worked fine before the upgrade.

#2 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:31 AM

Hi there! Yup seems the setup.php inside your child theme needs to be updated. We recently updated base theme to include a new setup.php file. Are you tech savvy, and are you able to update this file on your own? It's super easy, you literally copy and paste from one to another. And baam! You should be able to snag the update to base within the store, or download the new one online,and replace the setup.php file. Let us know how that works out for you! Nick

#3 seo_pro

seo_pro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:12 AM

Thanks! It works perfect now. Greatly appreciated!

#4 bsaul

bsaul

Advanced Member

• Members

• 76 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

OK - can you take us through this in more detail please? When you say "snag the update to base within the store", etc - what should we do, exactly (tried to work it out but failed). Thank you Babs

#5 bsaul

bsaul

Advanced Member

• Members

• 76 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:27 PM

I did this using ftp, but could not work out how to do within my dashboard. Will prepare to ftp to all sites in the next few days...

#6 cybersphere

cybersphere

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:37 AM

So... WP 3.4 errors are ONLY for people with Child Themes?

#7 jt111

jt111

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Framework Version:2.44

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:28 AM

Hi I'm using the base theme v1.02 (the latest) and still getting this error "Unable to locate the main framework files! Make sure the parent theme folder is named correctly." Any ideas? Thanks *** Don't worry. Got it working by activating the Framework (and deactivating the base theme)