Can't remove a page from menu

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pageliner

pageliner

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:52 AM

I published a page. It seems to have automatically gotten added to the only menu (called MainMenu) that I have. Although the link to the page is visible in the menu (on all pages on my website that have the menu), it is not visible in the menu in wordpress when I look in the settings when I go to Appearance -> Menus. In Appearance -> Menus -> Pages, I can see the page I created listed. But in Appearance->Menus->MainMenu, the page cannot be see. As a result I cannot remove it. If I try to add the page to the menu,then Appearance->Menus->MainMenu gets updated to include the page. The actual website still looks the same (there is only one link to the page in the menu.). If I now remove the page from the menu (In Appearances->Menus->MainMenu), the pages containing the menu on my website still have the link. Is there some other way that the page could have automatically been added to my menu? I can't figure out how to remove it.

#2 pageliner

pageliner

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:02 AM

Ok. It looks like I sorted it out. I don't understand it though. It seems that my menu was not assigned to either SimpleNav, Page Navigation in Footer Columns, Primate Website Navigation, or BrandNav Section Navigation. But for some reason, Pagelines decided to use all pages I created as a menu anyway? I would have thought that the default behavior of page lines should be not to display anything if no menu is selected. For example, if I have a page containing "Simple Nav", and "Hide Simple Nav" is not selected. Then if a menu has not been selected in Appearance -> Menus -> Simple Nav, then it populates the menu on that page with all pages. :S Although I know how to handle this now, this behavior is unexpected.

#3 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16952 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:02 AM

Hi, Please read our documentation on Menus. From the sounds of it, you have created your custom menu but not added it to the Themes Locations options area and selecting your theme location on where you wish your menu to be active. http://www.pagelines...PageLines_Menus