4 replies to this topic

#1 chules

chules

• Members

• 152 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:44 AM

I am working on a site at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I added a background image in color control that is set to scroll with vertical position 19 and horizontal position 50. When you view the home page the background image displays where I want it on each side of the slideshow. My question is how do is set this consistently across all site pages without having to upload this background image over and over again with customized setting for each page. As you navigate through some of the site pages you will see this background image shift up and down as pages differ in lengths. I always want this to be placed exactly on the sites of the slideshow just where it is on the home page. Can anyone assist me with this. Thank you Chules

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:03 AM

The background image shifts across different different pages because the vertical/horizontal positioning will change according to page size (if the background attachment is fixed, I don't think the background will shift at all). You can use specific values using custom CSS for the background on each page, but that's not a very robust solution.

#3 chules

chules

• Members

• 152 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:22 AM

Yes but how can I set a fixed background image to display on the sides of the sideshow when pages vary in size length? What is the recommended method. It seems that if the vertical alignment were set from the top of the page it would make more sense. Any thoughts on how to achieve a consistent placement Thank you - chules

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15890 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:25 AM

Hi Chules,

The reason for this is (I think) that your page height varies, so 19% vertically of 1400px is different to 19% of 900px in height.

Therefore, I will add a feature enhancement on your behalf to the tracker to see if its possible to select either percentage or pixels when setting the position of your background.

As a quick fix, please remove your background image from Color Control and add this to your custom CSS.

Let me know if this works better for, also simply change the 100px in the code above, if the position isn't correct.

#5 chules

chules

• Members

• 152 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:45 AM

Danny,

This worked great. It removed the body background color set in the color control menu but I added it to custom CSS as below:

I think this would be a great feature enhancement to an already great product. Thank you for the assistance

Chules