#1 karmatrinlay

karmatrinlay

Advanced Member

• Members

• 70 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA
  • Framework Version:DMS and PageLines Pro

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

I'm having a problem with Cufon working. I've searched the forums and found multiple posts on the matter and pretty much all of them remain unanswered, so I'm not sure if it is working or not.

My font file is located here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I have it enabled in the UI for the following: H1,H2,H3,H4,H5,H6

It is of course, not working. What is the status of Cufon and how can I get this to work?

Thanks!

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:22 PM

First, I corrected your topic from the stated PlatformPro to PageLines Framework. It's really important you post topics to the product you have as support is going to be different. It appears on testing by our Senior Developer that your Cufon font file is corrupt. You need to find a different font file or replacement for the one you desire that is not corrupted and is tested. Testing other fonts works perfectly in your version of PageLines Framework. Have you tried others?

#3 karmatrinlay

karmatrinlay

Advanced Member

• Members

• 70 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:59 PM

1.) In my account I have "PlatformPro Developer" as well as "PageLines Framework". In the PageLines control panel UI on this site, it says "Developer Edition". It doesn't say Framework or Platform Pro and as I mentioned, both are in my account. IF you're going to scold me, perhaps you may want to be sure first that your UI makes the information you're demanding accuracy for, clear. Since you listed this issue first and started it with "First,", I assume you feel that this is more important than the ticket itself.

2.) I used exactly the Cufon site to generate the file that is linked in the UI. Which is:

This is the Cufon generation tool the Pagelines platform tells me to use. The file has not been modified an any way since it was generated as instructed.

3.) How is it corrupt? Please provide useful information instead of vague statements.

4.) Bad day?

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:05 AM

I created a cufon file using a free TTF font, and it worked straight away, switched to your file, absolutely nothing, tried another cufon file, that worked too. Tried on PlatformPro and Latest Framework release and the upcoming versions, all worked with the two files I generated, your file did not work. I hope this information was useful enough. The thread was moved because it was posted under PlatformPro, yet the sit URL listed in your post is running PageLines Framework.

#5 karmatrinlay

karmatrinlay

Advanced Member

• Members

• 70 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:14 PM

Again, HOW is it corrupt? What is the error or error state that is occurring?

I'm am using the Cufon generator defined by PageLines. It is unaltered.

I have been through the forums and other people are having this problem and all getting the same reply of "it's corrupt". I have never seen an explanation of why.

SIMPLY THAT IT DOES NOT PROCESS DOES NOT MEAN IT'S CORRUPT. THE APPLICATION PROCESSING THE FILE COULD HAVE AN ERROR, and given that this is a recurring issue, the processing script is highly suspect.

So please, tell me HOW it is corrupt or how you determined it is corrupt so I can either fix the file or know what to avoid going forward. Please provide me some USEFUL information.

#6 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

There is no error, the cufon js from your url simply dos not work. I went to the cufon site supplied a TTF file i just downloaded from some free font site, created a js file, and it worked straight away, yours will not work. I have no idea why, I did not create the cufon js file. The 'processing' script as you call it is an unmodified js script from here

maybe you could open an issue there and provide your js url for the author to test.

Here is a link to my working cufon file. ( tested with PlatformPro and PageLines Framework )

#7 karmatrinlay

karmatrinlay

Advanced Member

• Members

• 70 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:56 PM

It is a script that processes the JS file. That is the correct terminology. I've been in IT as an architect, designer and coder in CMS and ECom systems for 17 years. I do not at all understand condescension from you at this point, and it is in my opinion, completely inappropriate. If it does not work, there IS an error. What you mean is, you don't know how to find the error. NOR DID I create the cufon JS file. It was created by

just as directed by PageLines. Again, the attitude is completely unprofessional. I don't understand why are you being so rude. I'm simply trying to determine what is causing the cufon to fail. There are many variables on the generation site. Are all of these compatible? Could it be something there? All I'm asking for is useful guidance on how to debug this. I have tried re-creating the file, creating one from a different font, etc. all with the same result. At this point, I haven't been able to receive any guidance with this. I'm following the steps outlined by the PageLines UI. Are you saying you don't support this feature?

#8 karmatrinlay

karmatrinlay

Advanced Member

• Members

• 70 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

I've opened a ticket for the Cufon developer at GitHub. I'll see he he can shed any light on the problem. Please don't close this.

#9 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

Thankyou, keep us updated. If we have to update the cufon js we will.

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:21 PM

Kendall, We do not "close" topics normally unless a client asks us to. So this topic will remain open. However, that said, clicking "Reject" is inappropriate and will not either keep the topic open nor will it get any faster or better results. Kindly refrain from doing so as it's actually rather bad Netiquette. It is intended to be used only when the answer is not correct as opposed to being an answer the client is simply not happy with. All topics remain open until the client clicks "Accept" and hopefully thanks the moderator or developer (such as Simon). I should point out that Simon is one of the most experienced WordPress developers out there. If he says something's broken... it's broken. We look forward to hearing back from you when you get a reply from this:

#11 karmatrinlay

karmatrinlay

Advanced Member

• Members

• 70 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

Rangelone,

Right now, YOUR ticket system is prompting me to "Click accept or reject beside an answer".

It does so after every response posted by support.

It does not prompt me to "accept, reject or wait", nor are there any other options in the UI.

Posted Image

#12 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:20 PM

Hi @kendalldavis You can keep this topic open by simply ignoring that prompt. Don't click reject or one of us will have to answer again and then we'll be in a never-ending loop. ;)

#13 karmatrinlay

karmatrinlay

Advanced Member

• Members

• 70 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

Can you please give me the steps you used to test, including font file (and link to it) and the setting on the cufon generator? I need to get this resolved asap and there is still no reply on the cufon support site. If I can reproduce what you did, then it rules out other issues such as plug-in conflicts. Thanks,

#14 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

Kendall, here is a list of screenshots you should see. They are the step-by-step options you select:

I did test this on my own site and heaven knows if things are going to break, they'll break there. It works and does so perfectly. See it in action here

This is actually quite easy and honestly, I've never before tried using Cufon. The Google Fonts plugin has worked nicely for me, and in PlatformPro, the selection of built in fonts did the trick. Seeing the extensive grief you're having with this, I opted to test it and it did work. There's absolutely nothing wrong with PageLines Framework or PlatformPro's ability to use the Cufon font system. Just follow the settings in the screenshots and it will work. Hopefully, this will provide you with the working solution you need.

#15 karmatrinlay

karmatrinlay

Advanced Member

• Members

• 70 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

I agree. It's really simple and seems pretty foolproof. I used exactly the same options and steps previously with one exception which perhaps was the issue, I used the security option to restrict it to the development and production domains. I took that option off this time and it now works perfectly. It seems somewhere, that option is an issue. Without that, it works though. thanks.

#16 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

You're welcome.