Pagelines with mobiles - help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 allaboutthebrand

allaboutthebrand

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:59 PM

Hey guys, Firstly great product! I am having a bit of trouble though using it on mobile devices and can't seem to find much information on it. Is it possible to setup up a mobile template in the backend? Am I am able to switch off certain sections when viewing on a mobile? Can I add different widgets when viewing on a mobile etc? Or does the web design have to be able to fit the mobile as well? For instance I have a banner across my site that uses the features section, this doesn't work on iPads or iPhones, can I choose not to show it on mobile devices? Can I set it to load indifferent section instead? Like a highlight? It would be a great marketing tool to say ....Hey you checking us out on your mobile..blah blah....Ask us how to set this up for you,,.type of this using a highlight or callout section. Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Spencer

#2 allaboutthebrand

allaboutthebrand

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:02 PM

Or is it possible for the feature images to be scalable?

#3 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

It's possible with a plugin to create browser-specific CSS (CSS for mobile browsers and CSS for computer browsers) but I'm not sure if there is an equivalent for HTML/PHP elements. There are workarounds for making certain website elements visible on mobile devices, but sometimes it's difficult to find the right balance that's permissible on the mobile device and still interesting on the computer.I think the feature images can be scalable if they're given a size attribute with a percentage rather than a pixel value (using CSS:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

).