Photo

Changing the style of the Footer in EcoPro

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:35 PM

Is there any way to change the color of the footer (the bottom one)? Is there any way to hide it?

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:24 AM

See this for hiding instructions:

http://www.pagelines...pic.php?id=1487

For changing colors, depending on which part of the footer you want to alter you could add either to your Custom CSS:

`#morefoot{background:#ccc}`

OR

`#footer{background:#ccc}`

of course changing ccc to whatever color code you wanted.

Thanks, Bryan

#3 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:22 PM

Thanks Bryan, but it didn't work. First I added the style to "custom.css". Then I added it to "theme.css". Neither worked.

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:14 PM

There are color options for the theme. To change the color to a hexidecimal you'd have to delete the background image in the CSS. If you want to hide then you can just add `display:none;` to whatever CSS class or ID you're trying to hide.

#5 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:46 AM

I know about the options. But the client wants the footer background to be different from the header's.

#6 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:14 PM

Want to post a live link? I'd like to see what you're trying to do :)

#7 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:02 AM

Here is the link: http://alwaysgreencleancarpet.com/ Basically the client wants two different colors in the header and the footer.

#8 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:06 PM

oh ok, well right now the same bg is applied to both: ` #spotlight, #footer { background:url("../images/eco-bg-spotlight-rpt.jpg") repeat-x scroll center top #679810; } ` you could modify one or the other by adding a custom rule with another image or color example: #spotlight { background:url("../images/my-custom-repeated-image.jpg") repeat-x scroll center top #SOMEHEXCOLOR; } There is a second background added to the 'effect' div, to give the gradient effect... that rule is defined as follows: ` #spotlight .effect, #footer .effect { background:url("../images/eco-bg-spotlight.jpg") no-repeat scroll center top transparent; } ` Again, to see these rules, I just used Firebug (my favorite tool) Have a great day.