Photo

What is the Most Preferred Integrated Shopping cart for Platform Pro users?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jeffsbesthemp

jeffsbesthemp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Framework Version:1.5.3

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

Hi guys, Currently we use a shopping cart from go daddy and it's pretty clunky. It whisks people away from the main site, and it's very disorientating and cumbersome. We think sales will be greatly improved by having it integrated right on the main site. The most recent post I could find was May '11, and wanted to find out if any customers or developers had any suggestions. Any favorites mentioned by Platform Pro users? :D

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:46 PM

While I don't personally use any shopping cart on my site, I recall doing some considerable research on this subject related to PlatformPro. I found, after testing, that CartPress seems to have a great capacity to integrate. JigoShop is of course, recommended with PageLines Framework 2.x and we have an integration for that, should you upgrade. The issue with e-commerce plugins isn't just about which works well, but also which one is designed to accommodate the products you sell. Some, for example, are focused heavily on shipping, which doesn't really apply if, for example, you sell something that's downloaded. Others fail to provide for state sales tax. Unfortunately, the only real way to deal with this is to look carefully at each one out there. I always use the chart method. Make a list of the things you need, and check off which one has those things. The ones that have the most are the ones you test first. Hope that helps.

#3 jeffsbesthemp

jeffsbesthemp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Framework Version:1.5.3

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:03 AM

Hi Range love! thank you. It's been one of those recurring obstacles that has provided a frustrating degree of non resolution. We'll lookinto cartpress and your highlights regarding shipping vs. non shipping are really helpful. There's all these little bits that are tough to keep track of. Thank you so much.