Photo
- - - - -

Customising code not working

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 ksarul

ksarul

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:25 AM

I need to make modifications to the default typography of the basic PageLines theme, and as instructed by the docs, I installed the pagelines-customize plugin and navigated to the pagelines-customize/style.css editor in the Plugin section. I've changed permissions on the css file. However in some cases it works and in some it doesn't and I can't work out why. For example, this is default code: .hentry h1, .hentry h2 { margin: 1em 0; } I've changed this to the following in the pagelines-customize/style.css editor with no effect: .hentry h1, .hentry h2 { margin: 0 0; } However, and here's the annoying thing, if I put the same code in the 'Custom Code' section of the global settings, IT WORKS! What's going on?

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16982 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:45 AM

Hi, I've visited your website and I noticed that you're using both the PageLines Framework Base child theme and the PageLines Customisation plug-in. Please you one or the other and see if this resolves your issue.

#3 bizint

bizint

Advocate

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

So Danny...is you have a base them "before" framework....how do you make customisations? You should uninstall pagelines customisations.....I'm very very confused. I just about had it with Platform Pro...is there somewhere where I can read whats going on and the best way to customise php without screwing anything up?

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16982 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:16 AM

Hi Bizint, Are you using Platform Pro or PageLines Framework ? If you're using Platform Pro, the PageLines customisation plug-in is not compatible with Platform Pro. So all your custom PHP code needs to be added to the Platform Base child theme functions.php file. If you're using PageLines Framework, you can use either the customisation plugin or the base child theme. The PageLines customisation documentation has more information -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#5 dpasuld

dpasuld

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

Hi there, I'm having same problems... I spent so much time reading PageLines forum, but haven't found any answer that is good for me. I'm trying to modify CSS and have to say that I'm not professional. Now, I'm so frustrated because none of the answers works for me... I tried to change style.css in base PageLines theme and in PageLines Customize plugin. I just wanted to change color of the morefoot area and wrote
#morefoot {background: #8dd7f4;}
in the style.css file. I also copied the same code into the Settings/Custom Code area but with no luck.
Perhaps I'm missing some parts of the code like body {} or have to put customized code between the brackets or something else. Or just need to copy custom code somewhere else. Please advise.
Thank you in advance

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

Hello,

Are you using Firebug to inspect your site and find the CSS selector you should be using for morefoot?:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The body {} code should be left alone in Custom CSS (this CSS is for customizing the body).

#7 dpasuld

dpasuld

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

Hi Catrina, thank you for responding to my question...
Actually I don't know what and where to look. I've installed Firebug and when I point to the area that I want to change, this is what I get:
<div id="morefoot_area" class="container-group">
<section id="contentbox" class="container no_clone section-contentbox fix">
<div class="texture">
<div class="content">
<div class="content-pad">
<div class="hentry cb-standard">

<div class="hentry-pad cb-standard-pad entry_content">VILLAGE EAST CONDOMINIUM | 305 917 76 73</div>

I thought I'll see CSS code for it, but I'm obviously not able to find out where is it. I would be very grateful if you could help me to understand where am I making mistake...
Thank you

#8 dpasuld

dpasuld

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

Hi Catrina,
I've just found following:

#morefoot {

background-attachment: scroll;
background-clip: border-box;
background-color: #FFFFFF;
background-image: none;
background-origin: padding-box;
background-position: 0 0;
background-repeat: repeat;
background-size: auto auto;
}
The problem is that no matter what I write into the style.css, the color doesn't change...

#9 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

Guys please open a new topic, the original poster gets emails every time you reply about YOUR sites css.