Photo
- - - - -

How To Add A Flush Background Image on Sidebar?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 jbenavides

jbenavides

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

Aloha, So I have another question. :-) I am wanting to insert an image background on my top sidebar here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I want to add an image that is the same color as the 'red/orange' section of my feature slider image here:

THE GOAL: I want to insert the red/orange background and then overlay my optin form. So, even though I don't know much about these things, I think I'll have to do some kind of
thingy ?? :-) Thank you for your speedy support. *Joshua

#2 jbenavides

jbenavides

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

I am using iblogpro4 (FYI)

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

Hi,
It appears that the sidebar with "Feeling Stuck?" in it already has a background image set in CSS. Just copy the CSS and change the URL to the full path of the image you wish to display. Here's the existing CSS:

#4 jbenavides

jbenavides

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:32 PM

Hi Rangelone, So yes, there is already an image there. However, it's all white so it does not conflict with the sidebar lines. I would like to insert a COLOR background image into the sidebar that is flush to the sidebar: top bottom left and right. Will this code do it? I haven't tried it yet because Im working on the image as we speak. And what is the default width? 225px?

#5 jbenavides

jbenavides

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

CLARIFYING: By 'all white' I mean, the letters have a transparent background.

#6 jbenavides

jbenavides

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:34 PM

Oh...and it's not CSS. (I don't think so) It's a TEXT widget with HTML in it. I want to make sure that I am able to also overlay an optin form (just to be clear). Thanks!

#7 jbenavides

jbenavides

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

UPDATE: I tried the code up top but it actually added the background image to ALL of my sidebar widgets. So, just to clarify: I would like to add a solid background ONLY on the top sidebar. Is this possible? Thank you.

#8 jbenavides

jbenavides

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:30 AM

Anybody there? :)

#9 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:11 AM

I would like to insert a COLOR background image into the sidebar that is flush to the sidebar: top bottom left and right.

I'm sorry. I'm having a hard time understanding what exactly you what you're looking for. Would it be possible for you to post the image you're creating so that I can get a better idea?

#10 jbenavides

jbenavides

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:39 AM

Sure. Here is the image I would like on the TOP RIGHT WIDGET/SIDEBAR on the pages mentioned above where I will overlay an optin form:

Posted Image

The optin form would go on the bottom of it (overlaying it). So, if you see my page as it is now:

You'll see where it says "Are You Stuck" and than below it there is an Aweber optin form. I will get rid of everything else except that optin form on the bottom.

My goal is to insert a background image in a text/html widget and create the right padding for my optin form to show up at the bottom but over the image. So I may need to insert some spacing CSS as well for the code?? Not sure. But I'm hoping that this is giving you a better idea of what I'm trying to accomplish here. Thanks!

#11 jbenavides

jbenavides

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:25 AM

Any ideas? I've been searching for answers and have found people saying things like: - You need to find the widget id and do something like this in the css style sheet: #widget id{ background: #fff url(IMAGE URL) no-repeat; } (haven't tried this yet, wanted to see what you thought) - You need to create a table like this: class="textwidget">
(tried it but it's not working too well as it's going OUTSIDE the widget/sidebar space...where as I want it all inside and "flush". Any ideas?

#12 jbenavides

jbenavides

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:55 AM

Any takers on this one? :)

#13 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:42 AM

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, you wish to have no background surrounding your image. If so, add the code below to your custom CSS.

#14 jbenavides

jbenavides

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:52 AM

Danny! That is SOOOO Close! Closest yet. For some reason it's not filling the bottom...any suggestion? (Thank you so much!)