ken Burner Slider - Image Distorted in Google Chrome

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mooihoek

mooihoek

• Members

• 139 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

I've contacted the developer who made this plugin numerous times and haven't had a response, when viewing my test site in google chrome I see the image in the ken burn slider is distorted on the left hand side, any one have any ideas as to what the issue might be?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

I must apologize on several levels. First, because I don't know the plugin at all. I suspect this may be the result of settings for the slide height not being properly set. Second, because we don't officially support this section in the forum and aren't trained in its settings or use. Lastly, for the developer's failure to reply. To this end, I've written on your behalf to our support desk and managers asking them to get help from the developer for you. If you don't hear from him in the next 24 hours please write to hello@pagelines.com and express your concerns. In trying to resolve this, I do notice that among all your slides, the one that's cropping is the smallest, and that its size doesn't come close to its fellow slides. Have you considered copying/pasting that image onto another that measures proportionally to rest of the slides?

#3 mooihoek

mooihoek

• Members

• 139 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

Hi rangelone My Kenburner Slider is set to 950W, 400H on my homepage, if I then go into my Kenburner Slides and the ones configured on the homepage the more info states: The proper size of the image should be: the slider size plus 100 pixels width and height. For example, if your slider is 900x400 pixels the image should be 1000x500 pixels So that would be an image size of 1050 x 500 if my maths is correct which I do have.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:58 AM

Yes, your math is correct. If you make the size larger than what you have now, does the image still appear distorted?

#5 mooihoek

mooihoek

• Members

• 139 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:59 AM

Hi Catrina, Uploaded a bigger image for the first slide and yes it still distorts, not every time but it still does

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16392 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:57 AM

Hi Mooihoek, The Ken Burner Slider is a third party section, therefore to receive support you will need to contact the author of the section. If the developer has not replied as of yet, give him more time roughly 2 days and if you do not hear anything, contact our helpdesk. I have provided you with a link to his contact page below, along with the contact email for the PageLines Helpdesk. http://www.pagelines...nburner-slider/ PageLines Helpdesk - hello at pagelines dot com

#7 meilena

meilena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

I'm going to reach out to the developer on your behalf to see if we can get this resolved. We have a ticket on our desk established so we can keep you updated.

#8 mooihoek

mooihoek

• Members

• 139 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:38 PM

Hi Meilena, many thanks for your help.

#9 meilena

meilena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

No problem they are looking into this now and should respond shortly.

#10 tmeister

tmeister

• Members

• 194 posts
  • LocationValle de Bravo, México

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

Hi Mooihok, You are Chris right? I don't know why your email was stored in the archive folder and i didn't saw it. Sorry for that, Ok, i see your site and yeah i see the problem, i assume that you are using the random effect and the distortion happens when the animation goes from the left to the center AND the zoom effect is out. So a quick rollback, change the zoom effect to "In" or change the starting position effect to other than left. I will review this carefully that, becouse the fix can broke some other effects and release the patch as soon as posible. Best Regards!!

#11 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:18 AM

Attention @mooihoek - The plugin creator responded above ;)

#12 mooihoek

mooihoek

• Members

• 139 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:06 AM

@tmeister Yes im Chris ;-) I can confirm changing to Zoom has stopped the distorted image, looks like from left causes the issue