• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jankowalski

jankowalski

Advocate

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:30 PM

which plugin is compatible with framework in order to minify css files? i try some of them and all breaks my template... what is wrong with paglines framework, is it a bug r special functionality as pagelines developers prefer to name bugs..?

#2 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Framework Version:2.2

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

@jankowalski: Have you tried W3TC?

#3 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:35 AM

Try WebWerx's solution and if that doesn't work, I think any minify plugin should be left turned off to avoid breaking the site.

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:42 AM

What are you trying to achieve by minifying css? Plenty of threads about w3 cache breaking js with its minify options:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#5 jankowalski

jankowalski

Advocate

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

@Simon yes, it breaks some templates, don t know why. it works with default and some templates on the market, unfortunatelly not with all. have you test it? What i am trying to aviche is to minify css... Compacting CSS code can save many bytes of data and speed up downloading, parsing, and execution time. You can learn more here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

My theme loads 15 diferent .css from template and plugins, cuting out comments, blank line, and place code in one line could save some seconds on page loading. @catrina yes, thats what i ve done, but still like to speed up my site a little bit. @WebWerx yes i tried and it breaks the pagelines framework

#6 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Framework Version:2.2

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

@jankowalski: My caching is done my host WPENGINE. I do use W3TC on some sites. Have a look at CloudFlare. I am pretty sure that there is an option to do what you want. I use it on all of our sites. A different option for sure!

#7 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

Using a CDN would do far more good than minifying css. MaxCDN for example will gzip all text files, cloudflare do the same as far as i know. What site are you testing? Perhaps if you let us see it we could give better advice.