• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 danielfinn

danielfinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

I am trying to create an instance of the JW player in a box within a set of boxes, however, I cannot get this to work. I have been told that pagelines does not readily support the use of shortcode in boxes, and only really like it in posts and pages. Is there a way to get around this? I have no knowledge of CSS, PHP or HTML, and am just starting out with wordpress and pagelines. I read somewhere that you could possibly resolve this issue by adding something to the shortcode... [jwplayer config="test player" mediaid="308"] but I was having trouble understanding.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

Please refer to:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

where it points out that "It should insert a tag that looks like the following: [jwplayer config="" file=""] into the body. is a url to your file. The "config" attribute is only need when using a player other than the default." The shortcode you're writing apparently is incorrect and missing the actual file you're trying to play. I refer you to

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

for additional support on this as it's not a PageLines issue. This is only about how you construct the shortcode.

#3 danielfinn

danielfinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

I have intact read that section and tried to implement it that way but it does not seem to work. In the box it just appears as text on the website front. I am stating the following in shortcode: [jwplayer config="" file="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po5GZNRe86g&list=PL63904A2B5277BDDB&index=1&feature=plcp"] It works fine in posts and pages, it is just when I try to paste it into a box. Sorry, I am not sure how to post the code without it showing up on this site.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:38 AM

You can post the shortcode by adding it between these two tags: [ code ] [ /code ] Please remove the spaces.

#5 danielfinn

danielfinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:35 AM

Thanks. I am entering the following shortcode into pagelines boxes and it still does not seem to work. This shortcode works fine when used in posts or pages, but not in boxes. [jwplayer config="< custom layer name>" file="

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17636 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

Hi Daniel, I have just tried adding a shortcode to a box on iBlogPro 4 and unfortunately, the theme's boxes do not support shortcodes. Have you thought about upgrading to iBlogPro 5, you will need to purchase PageLines Framework too for iBlogPro 5 to work. But the shortcodes will work in iBlogPro 5.

#7 danielfinn

danielfinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:03 AM

Thanks. I tried iBlogPro 5, but I have noticed it won't let me change any of the colours or make use of the plug-ins I added using the paglines store.

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17636 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

You can change the colors but the option has been removed as all the colors are actually images. So you can edit them and change the colors in something like GIMP or Adobe Photoshop. What plug-ins were you having difficulty with ?