Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

How can I add Social Icons to the Brand Nav?

Best Answer highergroundstudio , 08 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

@davemoppert If you want an even easier way, I have a awesome section for sale called More Social Branding Lite. It adds 6 social networks and icon theming. It is a drop in replacement for the Branding section. You can find it at codecanyon here.

If you need more than that, I am about to release the big brother of More Social Branding Lite. More Social Branding Pro adds 110 social networks and icon theming all wrapped up in a Premium PageLines Section. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 davemoppert

davemoppert

• Members

• 141 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:03 AM

I'd like to add the same Social Icons you find in the branding to the Brand Nav. Is there a hook that I can add into the functions.php where I can add this section into the BrandNav? Or will I have to add them manually into a hook in the functions.php?

#2 davemoppert

davemoppert

• Members

• 141 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:01 AM

I did some searching around on some other threads... doesnt look like it is possible :( I found fix.

#3 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15120 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:51 AM

Hi Dave, You can add the code provided in the link below to your child themes or PageLines Customisation plug-ins function.php file. You will need to add the links yourself and also may need to correct the image location.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The icons will appear underneath your BrandNav menu, if you wish to change the location, simply install the free plug-in ActionMap from the PageLines Store. Once the plug-in is active, refresh your website and in the top right hand corner of your Wordpress Admin Bar, there should be a new link called Action Map, click this and all available hook locations will be visible on your site. Simply copy your preferred location and replace the one in the code, it appears right after this: add_action('pagelines_inside_bottom_brandnav', <--- Replace this, with the one you want.

#4 davemoppert

davemoppert

• Members

• 141 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:02 AM

Yeah, I found a plugin and added that function using the ActionMap. It was easier then having to enter it all in manually. Thanks!

#5 highergroundstudio

highergroundstudio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:29 PM   Best Answer

@davemoppert If you want an even easier way, I have a awesome section for sale called More Social Branding Lite. It adds 6 social networks and icon theming. It is a drop in replacement for the Branding section. You can find it at codecanyon

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

If you need more than that, I am about to release the big brother of More Social Branding Lite. More Social Branding Pro adds 110 social networks and icon theming all wrapped up in a Premium PageLines Section.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15120 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:09 AM

@highergroundstudio Why haven't you added this to the PageLines Store ?

#7 betterworldmp

betterworldmp

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:34 AM

I'm glad I found this, Thanks.

#8 davemoppert

davemoppert

• Members

• 141 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

@highergroundstudio - you should sell those plugins in the pagelines store. I am always shopping for new stuff like this in the pagelines store.

#9 mackenzie

mackenzie

Advocate

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved