• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 gayatriom

gayatriom

Advocate

• Members

• 559 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

Hi! I'm trying to center my logo, but whenever I do, it doesn't show up in mobile view. how can i have a centered logo on my site and also have the logo show up in mobile. It gets hidden in mobile view. I used the following to center: #branding .mainlogo-link, #branding .mainlogo-img { margin: 0px auto !important;width:350px; }

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

Try installing the plugin "Sexy Snips" from our Store at Dashboard > PageLines > Store Sexy Snips is free and provides the proper code to center the logo.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 gayatriom

gayatriom

Advocate

• Members

• 559 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

hey. well i did that. And I used the code. However, i'm also using the mobile menu plugin and since i've centered the menu and logo, the mobile menu and logo don't show they way they should. Basically you don't see them unless you scroll to the right at which point the mobile menu converts to a normal menu and the point of the mobile menu is lost. Does anyone have a solution for this?

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15242 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:59 AM

Hi, If you remove the code to center the logo, does the Mobile Menu work as intended or do you still have the issue ?

#5 gayatriom

gayatriom

Advocate

• Members

• 559 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

Hey danny. The mobile menu works. You see it for a split second when you zoom out but then it reverts to the original menu.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:37 PM

It's difficult to have things work all ways for all tastes, as I'm sure you know. In this case, I believe the same custom code which centers the branding image also places fixed numbers rendering the mobile view disrupted. Mobile or responsive views require percentage, rather than fixed value specifics in CSS. CSS3 doesn't give one many options. To achieve X, one may have to give up Y to get results. They don't make it easy for any of us. Is there some other way, perhaps, of applying the centered branding, such as a transparent .png?

#7 gayatriom

gayatriom

Advocate

• Members

• 559 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:09 PM

ahh. thanks ! let me try that.

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

Please let us know if it works.

#9 gayatriom

gayatriom

Advocate

• Members

• 559 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:27 AM

Hey. Ok IT shows in mobile view. But have a navigation problem. now. opening a new ticket.