Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

centered logo, but now logo doesn't show in mobile view

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi! I'm trying to center my logo, but whenever I do, it doesn't show up in mobile view. how can i have a centered logo on my site and also have the logo show up in mobile. It gets hidden in mobile view. I used the following to center: #branding .mainlogo-link, #branding .mainlogo-img { margin: 0px auto !important;width:350px; }

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Try installing the plugin "Sexy Snips" from our Store at Dashboard > PageLines > Store Sexy Snips is free and provides the proper code to center the logo. http://www.pagelines.com/store/plugins/sexy-snips/

Posted · Report post

hey. well i did that. And I used the code. However, i'm also using the mobile menu plugin and since i've centered the menu and logo, the mobile menu and logo don't show they way they should. Basically you don't see them unless you scroll to the right at which point the mobile menu converts to a normal menu and the point of the mobile menu is lost. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Posted · Report post

Hi, If you remove the code to center the logo, does the Mobile Menu work as intended or do you still have the issue ?

Posted · Report post

Hey danny. The mobile menu works. You see it for a split second when you zoom out but then it reverts to the original menu.

Posted · Report post

It's difficult to have things work all ways for all tastes, as I'm sure you know. In this case, I believe the same custom code which centers the branding image also places fixed numbers rendering the mobile view disrupted. Mobile or responsive views require percentage, rather than fixed value specifics in CSS. CSS3 doesn't give one many options. To achieve X, one may have to give up Y to get results. They don't make it easy for any of us. Is there some other way, perhaps, of applying the centered branding, such as a transparent .png?

Posted · Report post

ahh. thanks ! let me try that.

Posted · Report post

Please let us know if it works.

Posted · Report post

Hey. Ok IT shows in mobile view. But have a navigation problem. now. opening a new ticket.