• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tandan

tandan

• Members

• 152 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

hi there, i've been stumped for two days on this issue and i can't seem to figure out how to solve it elegantly so i've done it as best as i could so far...but now i think i need some help!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You can see here when you hover on navigation, the sidebar is on top of the text. I don't know how to get the navigation in FRONT of it. This was happening on the front page when i noticed it first :

where it was under the man (because he was part of the sidebar before in a widget) but i solved that by cheating a bit and making him part of the slider and adding a white bar on top to make an optical illusion that he's "above" the featured slider area--and then i increased the height and added an repeating image for the #features background. maybe technically the proper way to do it, but it worked. I thought i had solved the issue--until I go into the inner pages and see the navigation behind that sidebar. The problem is that the client likes this "layered" look for the site and wants it so I'm trying to accommodate best I can. Is there any way to achieve this look and have the navigation in FRONT? thanks so much in advance!

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

What custom CSS code have you tried? Have you tried using z-index to resolve the issue?: