Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Carousel

Question

Posted · Report post

I am just fiddling with our site's Carousel and cannot seem to figure our how to prevent the images from being clickable. I just want them to scroll. BTW, I am using NextGen Gallery to house my images.

10 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Do you have Lightbox enabled for this? If so, I think that's the reason why you can click on the images (so that they can open in the Lightbox window).

Posted · Report post

Hi @catrina! I looked (and looked and looked) for the (now infamous) "Lightbox" setting... Where is it (pray tell)?

Posted · Report post

Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Fiddling can be bad! I don't recommend it. I think Catrina referred to settings in NextGen. I don't use it, so no idea about its setting, if any. That's a topic for them. I'm unsure how to disable the links, but I'll ask someone.

Posted · Report post

@rangelone: You "crack me up".....

Posted · Report post

Laughter is the best medicine or tech solution!

Posted · Report post

Howdie @rangelone: Were you able to find anything more abou the link issue I am having? "I'm unsure how to disable the links, but I'll ask someone."

Posted · Report post

The file is located at sections/carousel/gallery-plcarousel.php Copy the whole section folder to the Base plugin folder and I'd suggest renaming the section-folder. Simon said: " Section: Carousel Author: PageLines Author URI: http://www.pagelines.com Description: Creates a flickr, nextgen, or featured image carousel. Class Name: PageLinesCarousel Cloning: true Workswith: content, header, footer Edition: pro" "change to Section: Carousel[fixed]" Then, edit the file to remove the link.

Posted · Report post

Oh, just to be clear, this is way over my head. I can make a souffle easier than some of this stuff.

Posted · Report post

Holy schmoly @rangelone & @simon! Okay then.... found the directory. So download to my desktop send back up to the Section folder in the Base Theme... Rename to "Carousel[fixed]". then go in a and edit out the offending line in this file: http://paste.pagelines.com/7vj @Simon: I think it should be this: "

Posted · Report post

I'm not much of a coder myself (I think I should be sticking with cooking something!), but yes, I think that should be the code that'll get rid of the image link.